Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro2030ce View Post
I went to Linux because i grew tired of Vista. Once you see mostly everything there isn't much to do but play games slightly slow than XP. And the reason I'm not on XP is because I wanted Linux and I can play Windows games at good speeds.
You need like a quadcore to play modern games in wine/cedega at acceptable speed. I just always had a 40 gb gaming windows partition.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
****ie
Ethereal is on a distinguished road
any news on this update? i've been waiting for almost 2 years for xp 64 bit support
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSeipheroth View Post
Really tell me one bug in Vista's operating system I can't find any; Also tell me another application that doesn't run on Vista. The point is It's been 6months and I've seen no results.
At least in my Vista version there are a lot of bugs, even the Explorer is crashing regulary, deleted folders suddenly appear again in the folder list, shadowing of files has several reported bugs. Vista is a closed proprietrary system, that's not making it easy to find problems when your program is randomly crashing, freezing or just closing while on another Windows it is working perfectly fine. We know that we need to make Graal more compatible to Vista, but it's not as easy as you might think. Also we can't spend all of our time on this single problem either. The next Graal version will definitely improve things, until then either update your graphics card driver which will fix most problems, install Graal into a folder without space in its name, or use XP if possible.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 PM
XSeipheroth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XSeipheroth Send a message via MSN to XSeipheroth Send a message via Yahoo to XSeipheroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
At least in my Vista version there are a lot of bugs, even the Explorer is crashing regulary, deleted folders suddenly appear again in the folder list, shadowing of files has several reported bugs. Vista is a closed proprietrary system, that's not making it easy to find problems when your program is randomly crashing, freezing or just closing while on another Windows it is working perfectly fine. We know that we need to make Graal more compatible to Vista, but it's not as easy as you might think. Also we can't spend all of our time on this single problem either. The next Graal version will definitely improve things, until then either update your graphics card driver which will fix most problems, install Graal into a folder without space in its name, or use XP if possible.
Is yours patched because mine has been running fine. I've got the latest June 1st drivers from Nvidia and its installed in my /documents/ folder which has no spaces. Guess all I can do is wait then. But is their any estimated date on a fix?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Alure1316 will become famous soon enough
graal runs fine for me on vista ultimate.

but when i try to open a pm it crashes.

also, when i close graal it gives me a runtime error. (i also get a runtime error when i open a pm or try to create one)

and of course there's the minor glitch with gfx still.

imma update my graphics driver right now, bbl with results.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Graal on Vista (/w pics)

ok, here is how Graal runs on vista for me:

first i open graal, and since i set it to "Run as administrator" i get an allow or decline window. i allow it to run and then it runs...(just thought i'd put that in for no reason..)

here is pic 1, graal main window: as you can see, some graphics are distorted (like the Start button and the other ones)

here is pic 2, graal server window: as you can see, there's some graphics distorted here too.

pic 3, just me walking around, notice the gfx? those are suppose to be clouds...not huge signs.

picture #4, i am about to message lucky Luda.

picture 5, but then this happened. forcing me to close Graal4.exe through the taskbar.

pic 6, so i get back on, and i am about to close graal.

pic 7, damn it wtf. so i click ok

pic 8, wtf another error? i keep clicking ok and it doesn't close so i have to shut down the Graal4.exe process through the taskbar..btw, here's the 2nd error i get after clicking ok on the first error.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:01 AM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
"GraalH4x" *****.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
@Alure1316

Yup same for me, I use Vista Home Premium and I get all the same errors/bugs.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 AM
XhiddentruthX
Delta2004 is on a distinguished road
I've got Home Premium and I don't have all those issues :o Just graal randomly crashes (usually longer than an hour though), and all animated flower graphics get all messed up.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
I got the same problem too, and I'm using Vista Home Premium
Old 06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Former Manager of Val
WarriorCam will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to WarriorCam
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSeipheroth View Post
You can't buy OEM XP or Mediacenter 2005 anymore; The only way you can get anything NON Vista now is being a technet / msdn subscriber.
Uh, yeah you can. Microsoft isn't pulling the XP OEM license until Jan 2008.

I even went to Dell.com just to confirm this and I'm still able to find PCs being offered with Windows XP.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta2004 View Post
I've got Home Premium and I don't have all those issues :o Just graal randomly crashes (usually longer than an hour though), and all animated flower graphics get all messed up.
try updating your graphics driver.

and what settings do you have? why doesn't your graal do what ours does
Old 06-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Those graphics messups are caused by the software-renderer, the graphics card doesn't seem to support accelerated graphics although that messed-up letters image is transparent. It should eventually work better with the next Graal version.

The runtime error when closing the game is more complex, seems to have to do with the Vista file shadowing and depends on the filename of the exe. That is normally fixed by installing Graal into a folder that doesn't have spaces in it's name.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
Oh!!! I Got Pms To Work!!!!!

Not sure if this is already posted cuase I dont feel like reading the 12 pages of pointlessness of Vista, anyways here is what I did. XD

Right click on Graal4.exe, go to properties, then the compatibilty tab and clicked "Run in compatibilty mode for" then clicked "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)", then I checked "Disable Visual Themes" Now I can PM and I don't get the error when I close Graal. Graal is normal other than a few graphical errors!!! XP
Old 06-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light View Post
Oh!!! I Got Pms To Work!!!!!

Not sure if this is already posted cuase I dont feel like reading the 12 pages of pointlessness of Vista, anyways here is what I did. XD

Right click on Graal4.exe, go to properties, then the compatibilty tab and clicked "Run in compatibilty mode for" then clicked "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)", then I checked "Disable Visual Themes" Now I can PM and I don't get the error when I close Graal. Graal is normal other than a few graphical errors!!! XP
i tried windows xp compatibility, but not the disable visual themes. i'll try that next time i'm on my pc (i'm on my laptop right now)