Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
It's beautiful - always has been. I have logged online and I am infatuated with the detail in the graphics! sorry to say, my only critique is the amount of images on the server and the amount of time it takes to load especially the bigger images such as the houses. I'm not sure if this will help but on Rudora for any large image we divided them in to four separate images so it did not take as long to download.

Keep up the great work and no doubt it'll be on the Classic tab before long - please don't lose motivation and continue to work to standard and not rush on the project. Extraordinary work !
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned
Vinka has a spectacular aura aboutVinka has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
It's beautiful - always has been. I have logged online and I am infatuated with the detail in the graphics! sorry to say, my only critique is the amount of images on the server and the amount of time it takes to load especially the bigger images such as the houses. I'm not sure if this will help but on Rudora for any large image we divided them in to four separate images so it did not take as long to download.

Keep up the great work and no doubt it'll be on the Classic tab before long - please don't lose motivation and continue to work to standard and not rush on the project. Extraordinary work !
Thank you very much .

Yeah, my apologies. We were having downloading bugs before where most of the images wouldn't load for people. So my scripter decided to make a script where all the images on our server would be downloaded upon login. We also had(or still have) this issue where the tileset wouldn't download or show up. The only way to fix this would be restarting your Graal client, not just reconnect.

We still haven't found the cause of these issues yet, when Stefan visited a few weeks back he was clueless to the problem aswell.

And yeah, I'm doing my best to take my time and be consistent. Hopefully once I've found a suiting manager things will go alot smoother.

For those who haven't seem them yet, here's some small concept art of the three classes. Hopefully soon I'll explain the role of each one of them, and the class branches associated with them.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Lourne is on a distinguished road
Vinka, I must say that this is one of the few projects that I've seen that REALLY has some potential. The art style is fresh (to Graal), your dedication to the project is insane, and you seem to have a good idea of how to implement things to keep players interested beyond just the pretty graphics.

Keep up the good work and remember to not let yourself get burned out. It's okay to take breaks here and there, even if it slows down development just a tad. I'm really looking forward to see where this thing goes.

I do have a question though! In the original hiring thread, it seemed to me that the Western Kingdom would be a more feudal, medieval type structure with well trained soldiers (Soldiers) and that the Eastern Kingdom would be the more one-with-nature, stalk from the trees people (Assassins). However, now it seems that there are going to be 3 classes accessible to each Kingdom. I'm just wondering how, if at all, it affects the story-line/lore of the Kingdoms or if simply the three classes in each Kingdom will vary slightly when compared to one another (WK Solider vs EK Soldier) to accommodate for the Kingdom's ideology differences.

Sorry if that question is ridiculous or you haven't thought about it, but I'm a little nerdy and love lore and following storylines. Haha.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
patrickp2p is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought the assassins hats were black/white O: But still, very cute!

Love me or hate me? O:

<--Are Questions Accepted Here? (:
Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickp2p View Post
I thought the assassins hats were black/white O: But still, very cute!
Having matching uniforms would make assassin's jobs really complicated.

"nah bro I swear I'm not here to stab you in the back"

"you're wearing an ASSASSIN'S GUILD nametag"

"it's just a costume I swear"

"those knives are bigger than my forearm"

Last edited by kia345; 06-22-2011 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: eye tipe bad
Old 06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
this might just be me, but I don't like how the soldier holds their sword straight up and down. I think they should have it resting on their shoulder a little bit, ala FFVII Cloud.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 AM
D: Agreed Pojo, perhaps it's just my feminine side kicking in with that comment.

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned
Had a 5 day break from developing.. Just started again

Some updates:

Working on the Assassin trainer. Finished the fountain up with stone seats on the sides:

Added the first few working baddies in the city. You can now train on them and level up! I'll be working on the sewers soon (where they will placed). So they are only here temporarily:

Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I couldn't halfway visualize the assasin in my head, let alone draw a sketch of it, let alone do a decent job, let alone make an amazing graphic of it.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Nice !

Love me or hate me? O:

Old 06-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Say goodbye to Europa lol
Old 06-25-2011, 06:04 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Say goodbye to Europa lol
Old 06-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Why the sudden change? I'm shocked...

Seems really bipolar. Throughout this servers development its been:
> Working hard
> Discouraged
> Working hard
> Quit
> Back and working hard
> Discouraged
> Working hard
> Quit

One of the only servers that have potential, and its going to waste. Such a shame.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Banned
It's 6:52 AM right now so I can't really reflect with a clear mind.

I'd like to apologize though, I suppose I don't have the greatest of discipline.

I just hope I've contributed to the Graal community in any way. If anyone would like to use any of my graphics please let me know(through a forum PM). I'll read them tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
There is a reason I kept my project under wraps until I either finished it or gave up(I gave up). The drama and obligation you feel towards a project once you get people who support it can drive you ****ing nuts, and in the end doesn't help get anything done at all. Seeing people love the work you do can give you a boost of motivation, but in the end that will never be enough to see things through to the end because it takes A LOT of work and effort to get something done around here, and reality says chance are it won't be finished. Not that this is directed towards you specifically, but more how I felt while working on my own stuff.
Closed Thread