Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2011, 03:17 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Well outfit for me is working fine. :o

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't see any difference for projectiles, they have not been changed at all. It could be possible that it's a script problem or just different display?
It's not a script problem. My original post on it shows how you can reproduce it, but I'll give advice again:
  1. Get a MK23 on Era.
  2. Find/create a vertical wall that is 3 tiles wide.
  3. Stand facing the wall, flush to its left edge.
  4. Shoot the MK23.

On your client, you will notice that the bullet does not go through the wall. This is the expected behavior and is what happened on v5. For every other client, the bullet will look like it went through the 3-tile wall. This does not happen if the shooter is using v5.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
I have no idea what you mean with head problem.
What he means by the head thing is if you put on a head at random times (but most of the time) it won't show for users who are using V5 so you have to set the head again. It just becomes a hassle because you see it perfectly while others don't and you have to keep asking, at least this is the problem for me.

I also found a bug when using IMG tags in PMs with .gif files, in order for the image to actually animate, you have to left mouse click and hold down onthe scroll bar on the PM window.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:49 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
What he means by the head thing is if you put on a head at random times (but most of the time) it won't show for users who are using V5 so you have to set the head again. It just becomes a hassle because you see it perfectly while others don't and you have to keep asking, at least this is the problem for me.
In other words: sethead (and setshield, setsword, setbody) randomly only work on your own client and the changes don't go to the server (doesn't change in /open acct).

Happens to me too.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
What do you mean with "put on head"? The sethead command is server side and will work fine.
Animations are not supported in external pm windows, weren't you previously complaining that gifs in pms crash v5?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
What do you mean with "put on head"? The sethead command is server side and will work fine.
Animations are not supported in external pm windows, weren't you previously complaining that gifs in pms crash v5?
Not sure what it is, but the head appears to be set for you, but for everyone else they don't see the change. Also, when you log back on the server you will find your head as head0.png, not the one you actually set. It happens all the time.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I don't see any difference for projectiles, they have not been changed at all. It could be possible that it's a script problem or just different display?
I have no idea what you mean with head problem.
If I change my outfit or set my head different, it APPEARS to change on my client, but really it doesn't on the server or anyone else's client. It's very annoying, and the only way you can change it is by going on version 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I also found a bug when using IMG tags in PMs with .gif files, in order for the image to actually animate, you have to left mouse click and hold down onthe scroll bar on the PM window.
I saw that too, but I opened up another client and it animates when you open it from there. Did you open it up in history? Maybe it's the history box's problem, because it seems like it doesn't update the image unless you do something with the history box, like you stated with scrolling down the box.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
I wonder if this is something that could possibly be affected by whether or not it is the default sethead command being used, as on Classic for example we have those commands disabled and they are instead scripted, with the player.head variable being modified clientside, wouldn't know if this is the case with UN however.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsedAngel View Post
I saw that too, but I opened up another client and it animates when you open it from there. Did you open it up in history? Maybe it's the history box's problem, because it seems like it doesn't update the image unless you do something with the history box, like you stated with scrolling down the box.
Yeah, it was in the history box I forgot to mention that.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I wonder if this is something that could possibly be affected by whether or not it is the default sethead command being used, as on Classic for example we have those commands disabled and they are instead scripted, with the player.head variable being modified clientside, wouldn't know if this is the case with UN however.
95% sure that it is player.head being changed on clientside

that seems like it could potentially be part of the problem.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Wouldn't surprise me if the ability to properly modify those variables clientside has been disabled as a means of preventing those without a customisation pack on iPhone servers from being able to alter their appearance beyond a check such as the onHeadChanges() function, or to prevent the hacking of it.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Zeross is on a distinguished road
Please allow people to have the option of using the OLD / original PM list.
I personally, really really like it and absolutely prefer it over the integrated or newer one.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:41 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeross View Post
Please allow people to have the option of using the OLD / original PM list.
I personally, really really like it and absolutely prefer it over the integrated or newer one.
Doesn't exist anymore in v6, sorry. That portion of the code has been removed for portability reasons, and this way, the scripted playerlist can be updated for everyone instantly on all platforms without needing to download new client versions. There are still improvements to be made on the new scripted playerlist, probably you can post some suggestions in the feature request subforum.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
the new playerlist is fine, it just needs to be coded to fix some bugs to be more related to V5's playerlist.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
Annoying bug that's been plaguing V6 is how the client window sometimes freezes, the game still runs but everything in the client window is frozen. You can still see the playerlist work though.

It happens mostly when you resize the window.

Tags
graal v6