FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I agree, this thread should get closed.

And that will do what? Sooner or later another one will pop up. I still think that if most of the bugs are fixed and a complete reset will give Kingdoms a few extra years of life.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
maybe ppl should read

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...17#post1327617
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
There is a way to not target that post you know
Old 07-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Shamed Zorbi
Graal V5 hardly effects Kingdoms as a whole. It is not an update for Kingdoms but it will allow Vista people to play and that is reaaly the only change.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
And that will do what? Sooner or later another one will pop up. I still think that if most of the bugs are fixed and a complete reset will give Kingdoms a few extra years of life.
Fixing bugs and a level reset would be good but if items get reset the econemy of the server will go down hill, and almost every weapon/armours were event items so all of us will be running around with flaming swords and plate armour and none of us will get any better because we need players who have money and diamonds so we can buy items our self.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Ultimatly resetting will lead to the same problems CABAL or don't you read what other people post? Its been said a few times that a reset isn't the answer.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Shamed Zorbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
Ultimatly resetting will lead to the same problems CABAL or don't you read what other people post? Its been said a few times that a reset isn't the answer.
It is true that a reset on it's own won't do much but with more staff support on Kingdoms instead of Zone it would be very effective.

Quote:
None of us will get any better because we need players who have money and diamonds so we can buy items our self.
This is true, honestly I hadn't really thought about this, but really, I think that this wouldn't be that big of a problem. While it is true we won't be able to make money off selling items to other players the economy should repair it's self in a short time, but that is just speculation on my part.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Yeah, GK has a lot of problems. It's too bad that fixing them wouldn't actually increase the playercount.
It most probably will do though, that's the thing.

Ex-GK players will come back and notice a difference.

Kinda like when Zodiac was under hosted. People signed on and thought it was naff.

When it was released under classic people started to realise that the quest system and the mobs were quite fun to play around.

Maybe in V5, not only will they update the client with new subscriptions etc.. they will actually intend on fixing some of the Graal founded servers in the first place. Well, maybe not classic - because that's old. You can't change whats old other wise it'd be new.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Fixing bugs and a level reset would be good but if items get reset the econemy of the server will go down hill, and almost every weapon/armours were event items so all of us will be running around with flaming swords and plate armour and none of us will get any better because we need players who have money and diamonds so we can buy items our self.

That's a major exageration.
Especially for you as the Governor.

First, I'll be running around with sais before flameswords
Secondly, need diamonds? Mine them, kill rexes... etc
Need money? Sell monster body parts? Still see the economy isn't really high?
Well, good- we don't need inflation and for platinum to become useless again.

Nontheless- events will be hosted. So event items will come back to our economy.
You'll get your kingdom event items to host kingdom events as well.
People will eventually alchemize more and more items... a holiday or two will pass, and people will get free items to give the economy a boost.

IMO, everything in the game should be worth platinum.
I was helping a friend of mine get started, and I told him how diamonds are pretty much how you buy things on GK. His response was "SoJ's?". If you played D2, you'd know what that refers too (the game money in there was/is[i havnt played much since they "fixed" the game] 100% useless in the player-economy). Our game shouldn't be that way.

I remember a time when the highest leveled player had his level in the 20's.
I remember a time when I found out 110 was the highest level by playing on the debug server, and thought it was cool because it seemed like noone would ever get that high.
When kingdoms actually RPed, and had wars and alliances.

Anyways, GK is dead. Graal 3d is on its way. That's how graal seems to work. Isn't that how it worked with G2k1? G2k2(now known as GK) was released, every went to it, and something was/went wrong so everyone went back to G2k1. G2k1 eventually started sucking, but luckily GK was complete/ready to play, so it didnt matter that G2k1 sucked. Now it's still in development to come back, is it not? Graal will have had 2 new releases (3 if you count Zone as a main server) before G2k1 makes a comeback...

Edit: Sorry for my usual long posting, cyan.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:06 PM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I still run around with a flaming sword..
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Sorry, but I don't think G3D will replace permanently any of the games/servers released currently.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
If the server resets. FiDs won't suddenly become craftable. Old alchemy won't be back. RoWs won't spawn in the shops. It would be like it is now. But with no economy. Like Cyan said, everyone would be running around with flaming swords and alch only armour.
If that happened graal kingdoms would plunge to it's death.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
FiDs won't suddenly become craftable.
Good, then they won't exist.
Make them event items.

Quote:
Old alchemy won't be back.
Good, then noone will have the old alchemy items.
Alchemy items will be items which can be alchemized.

Quote:
RoWs won't spawn in the shops.
Why not? Did they make it so RoW's no longer spawn?

Quote:
It would be like it is now. But with no economy.
Wrong, the economy will just be a lot different. Event items will be rare and pricey as they should, especially at first. It'll go through a whole cycle again, except maybe this time around they won't release things, and decide they screwed up- then making it worse by removing creation of those things, but not removing those things themselves. If they release something that can be created and it's "unbalanced", maybe they should change the stats (like how they removed speed from all alchemy items- not just future ones), because the only other fair way is to remove all the items- not just disabling creation of them..
Old 07-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rKv310c1ty View Post
Sorry, but I don't think G3D will replace permanently any of the games/servers released currently.
The same way GK didn't replace G2k1? Oh wait... it did.

Even if it doesn't replace GK in that same way, GK still, as Ghotika puts it, "will plunge to its death" becausse they'll focus more on their newer server.

Personally, I don't really care- as long as G3d is good, I can move on past GK (it's just a game...). I think G3d is looking pretty good. That main screen that says "Graal3d" and shows a village from a bird's eye view looks great. The videos don't seem to live up to that image, but they still make the game seem promising. I havn't tried G3d in a long while though, and I don't even know if it's still availible to play/try. When I played it was just the stupid little town, ski racing, hitting a snowman with balls... and the characters look ugly. I think the newly-release videos are a great improvement though. The only thing I didn't like was the way it looked when the character was fighting- the movement, the way he slashed his sword... it looked sloppy. It looked like someone controlling a puppet x.x
Old 07-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
The same way GK didn't replace G2k1? Oh wait... it did.

Even if it doesn't replace GK in that same way, GK still, as Ghotika puts it, "will plunge to its death" becausse they'll focus more on their newer server.

Personally, I don't really care- as long as G3d is good, I can move on past GK (it's just a game...). I think G3d is looking pretty good. That main screen that says "Graal3d" and shows a village from a bird's eye view looks great. The videos don't seem to live up to that image, but they still make the game seem promising. I havn't tried G3d in a long while though, and I don't even know if it's still availible to play/try. When I played it was just the stupid little town, ski racing, hitting a snowman with balls... and the characters look ugly. I think the newly-release videos are a great improvement though. The only thing I didn't like was the way it looked when the character was fighting- the movement, the way he slashed his sword... it looked sloppy. It looked like someone controlling a puppet x.x
Ok, well lets notify the difference between the hop over to GK from 2001 against GK hopping to G3D.

Gameplay.

You just can't argue, a 2D server against a 3D server which is completely different in terms of playing it.

Over many years Graal has been under the ways of 2D. 3D for the community is a completely different way of playing.

Fancy videos don't mean nothing, just shows how much time the video editor spent using small clips of gameplay whilst syncing it to a catchy tune with richer effects than make up to a drag-queen.