Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

I want to make it clear right here and now that I offered to do some *excellent* stuff for Easter (Sunday) last week when I found out Bjorn hadn't started anything yet. Stefan said he would let Bjorn handle it, he "knows events better".

We'll see how well he knows his events come Sunday.
Afaik they added an automation for season events, yet ittl be the same stuff like last year likely.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Afaik they added an automation for season events, yet ittl be the same stuff like last year likely.
Lather, rinse and repeat; typical GermanKr3w ethics.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
typical GermanKr3w
Do I agree to this or disagree? Finally, its no GermanKr3w just because Björn is admin -.- ......
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
I think massive rebalances and exp/money reset could do it
Why? I've never seen an unpopular server brought back by rebalancing and reseting (there are cases of popular servers remaining popular after resets, but not of servers being revived).

Quote:
Because the solution you want to make, so far as you're concerned, has to be flawless.
What is "flawless" supposed to mean? Either a solution works or it does not work. I want to make one that works.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
What is "flawless" supposed to mean? Either a solution works or it does not work. I want to make one that works.
This is precisely the perspective which is preventing you from producing anything.

Wouldn't you rather have a solution which makes the game enjoyable - even if it has some caveats, than no solution and a game which is not fun? If time was on your side, I would probably agree - but players aren't going to dawdle and drool for much longer.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:15 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Wouldn't you rather have a solution which makes the game enjoyable - even if it has some caveats, than no solution and a game which is not fun?
I would rather have a successful solution even if it makes the game less fun for me than an unsuccessful solution that makes the game more fun for me. In fact, I would say that players focusing whether or not they would personally like any given suggestion rather than how it would attract players is acting as a barrier to finding a successful solution.