FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
If we had proper GCs we'd have an infinite number of events to be hosted.
That is not true at all. All our GC's try their best to host events, but Classic events are old, and nobody seems to enjoy them anymore.

Nobody seems to realize Classic's events are outdated. We have had on average 1-2 new events added per year (not counting new levels to current events). New events/events system is really what Classic needs. Reducing ticket count surely will not get many people playing events again, that much for sure.

I'm anticipating some stupid reply as that the tool gives GC's an abundant amount of resources to host events. It really doesn't.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Events are only as good as the community that wants to participate in them. You can't even get 8 players for a basic spar tournament these days, never mind some makeshift random event in some abandoned and pointless playerhouse.
Well said.

If only 5/20 people are joining events (20 being playercount, inflated by rcs,) then the options a GC has to host is really, really limited. Also recall that the reward for winning events, tickets, are essentially useless right now.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Cetellic is on a distinguished road
Back when we had a better playercount GCs still seldom hosted outside of a variety of events.

That's honestly what killed it, no plot or strategy, just aimless hosting of popular events. I've been saying this for a long time but I see too much "requests" and event cancellation. Rufus is right but it doesn't help if the GCs themselves are killing the community's will to participate. Even if I were to spring back into active hosting I got hell to work with - dead server, HD bs, plus a nerf on event participation, time to put the gloves on and get to work.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Gladius
To most people, whats more fun? Fortbuilder, sumo, and ctf, or musical chairs, infection, and horse race?

Now obviously the later can be fun as well, but usually not as fun to the majority of people. Otherwise they would join them more often. At least thats what I see.

GCs need to host a balance of "popular" events and "nonpopular" events, but right now its tough with the aforementioned problems.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:40 AM
how's it going eh?
jorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of lightjorollychu is a glorious beacon of light
horse race sucks maybe if the horses werent retarded and more like mario kart we'd care
03-15-2012 05:49 PM Good riddance. All you do is whine. Hopefully when you are gone you'll man up - Supernanny
Old 03-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorollychu View Post
horse race sucks maybe if the horses werent retarded and more like mario kart we'd care
horse race is good , the horse are not retarded , its the person that control them.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
Ok.

From what I've seen people that play Classic, want that everybody got the same chances to win.

Like in a Spar they want after someone wins/loses that the only one he can blame is himself. (I know there's always lag... )

I don't know if people would like such items, but I thought a little about some items that could be sold for a lot (depending on how much tickets people got these days):

-Stealth - "Get Invisible for 2 Minutes, a cooldown of 10 Minutes, you can't PK while stealthed also this is not useable in Events."

I know this may sound "Zodiac-Like" (Maloria-Like actually), but isn't it fun to follow 3-4 people listening to them talking about stuff without them knowing?

-Guild-Chat-Spy - Be able to Listen to the Chat of a Guild for a period of time, large cooldown.

I don't know if Classic people will like this, :o

I've got a lot of other ideas, I am just not sure how people on Classic think, please tell me what you think about those two ideas, just as examples.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
GCs need to know how to use unpopular events to their advantage. 90% of the time when I host the event is not popular, but everything still clicks.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Gladius
@ frag

They just made changes where nicknames no longer appear under bushes, so in essence thats 'low tech' stealth npcs.

We don't have guild wars right now, so a chat spy would be sort of pointless at this time. Not bad though.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetellic View Post
GCs need to know how to use unpopular events to their advantage. 90% of the time when I host the event is not popular, but everything still clicks.
It is not the deal with GC's hosting a variety of events. In fact, all of them try to. You seem to think everything is possible with a "right GC" despite the several externalities.

You have your head too far up your you know what.

Also, tickets are not 99 percent of the problem. **** I wont even say it's more than half of the problem with events right now. As Gladius has said, the toggable HD's is one, and our lack of new events is well another but nobody seems to agree.

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
It is not the deal with GC's hosting a variety of events. In fact, all of them try to. You seem to think everything is possible with a "right GC" despite the several externalities.

You have your head too far up your you know what.
You say they "try to" but state hosting a variety of events isn't a problem, in that case why are they "trying" they should be "doing". I've already demonstrated it's possible tons of times, how is my head too far up my *blank*?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Gladius
@ mystic.

I think the events we have are solid enough (hell they've worked for 4 years) and slowly a few are added. Most don't get hosted enough to be "old" or "worn out" (obviously a few do.)

Rufus, and a few others, have talked about remaking several of our events. I think he was fixing up fortbuilder (new blocks), but I don't know what became of that project.

Clel has recently added his events with a larger access room as well, so we do have some new events. I made levels recently for 3 of my events, and was working on another. DC, rufus, jade, and myself each contributed to the KoM large event. So it's not like new events aren't being made now adays. True, we could use some more, but then again, if people aren't joining events (or logging on at all,) no amount of new events will help.

I see what you're saying though. Requests usually range from: ctf, fortbuilder, sumo, pictionary, babord lms, allstar. Not a very long list. Perhaps some new events could throw some fun back into classic, rather than "same old events day after day".
Old 03-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cetellic View Post
You say they "try to" but state hosting a variety of events isn't a problem, in that case why are they "trying" they should be "doing". I've already demonstrated it's possible tons of times, how is my head too far up my *blank*?
When I have said trying to, that meant an attempt. Most weren't successful because people simply don't enjoy events like those anymore, or people just don't have patience anymore when they are introduced to other servers with a much more flexible events system. You're just someone like Tatsumi who believes everything in the world can be done with a "proper GC" when that isn't the case at all.You failed at hosting old events or your quick mock-up events so I have no clue where you are getting at.

Gladius, I do realize there are constantly new additions to events. However, I also pointed out that renovations of events doesn't necessarily count as a new event. I have yet to see Clel release his events or even post on the GC boards of new events he released. Our event system right now is plain and boring, though that's what everyone wants it to be to remain "Classic".

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Quote:
When I have said trying to, that meant an attempt.
I took it as attempt but fail, moreover how are they attempting but failing to host a variety of events when variety of events ain't a problem.

Quote:
Most weren't successful because people simply don't enjoy events like those anymore, or people just don't have patience anymore when they are introduced to other servers with a much more flexible events system.
Yeah that does play a factor, I'll let you have that, but that shouldn't skewer you out of hosting a variety of events.

Quote:
You're just someone like Tatsumi who believes everything in the world can be done with a "proper GC" when that isn't the case at all.You failed at hosting old events or your quick mock-up events so I have no clue where you are getting at.
That's not what I think, but since I "seem to think" it or whatever I'll let it go. On the other hand my old-school events and mock-up events worked pretty well. They surely failed in your eyes though, which is fine, everyone has rights to their opinion.

Quote:
Gladius, I do realize there are constantly new additions to events. However, I also pointed out that renovations of events doesn't necessarily count as a new event. I have yet to see Clel release his events or even post on the GC boards of new events he released. Our event system right now is plain and boring, though that's what everyone wants it to be to remain "Classic".
From my standpoint you've seen the levels, so I thought you'd just know you can use those levels at your own dismay, or would atleast ask me level names so you could possibly make use of the levels. I'm completely fine with GCs using the levels, and I'll post on the boards that they're released to make them more inviting I guess.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
Era does get as much new events as Classic.

And yet everybody plays Events, why is that?
Closed Thread