Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
-Tile bugs or poor LATing? Random blocking black road tiles placed everywhere
I noticed that too. There's also a couple random purple squares I've noticed.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Just a quick visit.

Cons:
I think someone just needs to redraw the tile on the tileset. I think it used to be a mushroom or a rock or something?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
-Completely fkin directionless, had no idea where to go or what to do which is normally fine if it weren't for the complete lack of hints. Could easily be fixed if you generated a map image with basic noob dungeons marked etc
That's not true. There's descriptions in quest text, I think Mallard even went out of the way to make it into a red text to really show. People aren't reading worth of anything though

Quote:
Leftovers from making mushrooms non-blockable. At the time we only had one LAT, and his graphicscard is completely fried. We only have one now too, and I believe he is working on fixing things like this.

Quote:
-No description of what each stat does when you hover over it, important for people like me who care
Easy fix, I've been meaning to add that + skill/spell/buff descriptions for quite a while, I've just had more pressing matters to deal with.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
That's not true. There's descriptions in quest text, I think Mallard even went out of the way to make it into a red text to really show. People aren't reading worth of anything though
I find this to be a pretty big problem too .
Old 01-29-2011, 09:14 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
-No description of what each stat does when you hover over it, important for people like me who care
It does if you hover over the text in the stats window. Maybe you tried hovering over some other part?

Quote:
On top of that, not everyone can read English beyond simple sentences.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
It does if you hover over the text in the stats window. Maybe you tried hovering over some other part?
I tried adding the hint to the text edit control as well, but to no avail.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-29-2011, 09:48 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Seriously, there needs to be some safe levels that you can't get PVP'd for. I tried to do quests on a new character this morning and I just got trolled by this one kid who would keep running me down.

Sure, there's a 3 second window after death to get away, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to even go out of the mainhouse again to even pick up the quests. If someone really wants to, you will not be able to level. This is not only frustrating, but extremely unfair for new players. I suggest at LEAST a 5 level safe zone that you can't kill players or be hurt by them. This will enable the player to at least experience some of the world before they're griefed to hell. It doesn't matter how good the player is, if someone is level 10 and they're level 2 they won't be able to survive.

You say that there's helpful text for people to read to find the stuff, but when you're a new player and "Go North for the Blob Forst" is the only directions you get (which is incredibly vague by the way), you're going to need to look around a bit for it, and how's that going to help the player not be killed? I can guarentee you that players who get on the server early are going to camp the blob forest in and out and just kill new players because they can. If you give players a couple safe levels, it may be pampering, but it also gives the players the ability to learn the server, maybe explore a bit before they're destroyed over and over again by a kid who's got nothing better to do.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Master of Puppets
Aaand we're Classic!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Aaand we're Classic!
niice

all you need is now is a servericon and a image/description for Servermenu(F8)
EventBot Script
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you

Last edited by Deas_Voice; 01-30-2011 at 01:20 AM..
Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Aaand we're Classic!
I'd like to thank Jesus.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
I'd like to thank Jesus.
I'd like to thank my family and friends for always being there and supporting us in our darkest hours, couldn't have made it without any of them, especially my dog Lucky who's super cute but sadly got hit by a car and died a year ago

Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Congratulations Maloria, you finally delivered

You guys must feel like a million bucks.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Echoing these concerns:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I don't understand how to close party windows or w/e, why is there not an "x" in the top right part of the window like how everything else is. Also, I still don't get why I can't right click players since it's very annoying to go look at the playerlist and then open the profile through that.

ps: /reconnect does not work either unless Mal uses a different command
Quote:
..had no idea where to go or what to do which is normally fine if it weren't for the complete lack of hints. Could easily be fixed if you generated a map image with basic noob dungeons marked etc
I think marking off quests on a custom map system would work better for the latter though.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:24 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Now maloria needs a sub section in the forums :0
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Now maloria needs a sub section in the forums :0
www.maloria.com