FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
So you have a weeks worth (imo) of generic rpg systems, a few items, but still no gameplay?
the required systems for the gameplay are not completed because we are not getting any other help. Our team is really small.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Curious, What remaining systems are to be made and or finished?

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Axel
Contrast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Curious, What remaining systems are to be made and or finished?
Only core things left was to finish combat fully, item equipping and redesign character creation to allow the female gender.

After that it would be:
  • Add items to the database
  • Write/plan quests and put them in-game using the quest system
  • Write/plan skills and put them in-game using the skills system
  • Fill the levels with interactive NPCs (atmosphere)
  • Effects like poisons, sleep, petrified etc for greater variation in combat.
  • Music
  • Finish first ruin(/dungeon)
  • Finishing touches on baddies

A lot was actually done (which players couldn't see), but I am not a concept artist , I am just a scripter.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
soala is the manager of ruins

think about it
Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
the required systems for the gameplay are not completed because we are not getting any other help. Our team is really small.
=coff= </aekotoldyouso>
Old 11-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I think Soala and the rest of the Ruins team is gravely overestimating how much work on systems and whatnot they've done. As far as I know, none of your coders have experience with years of system maintenance on a highly advanced server. Take it from me who do, once you think that "hey all our systems are almost done!!!" you'll find yourself realizing a few weeks later that "oh ****, half of these needs to be more or less remade with the same functionality to support this and that" and "oh ****, we're missing a ****load of more stuff".

Still though, good luck with it, it's a lot harder than you think it is.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Axel
Contrast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I think Soala and the rest of the Ruins team is gravely overestimating how much work on systems and whatnot they've done. As far as I know, none of your coders have experience with years of system maintenance on a highly advanced server. Take it from me who do ...
You clearly do not know who I am and I see that you judge my skills without even knowing anything about me or my skills in that department.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrast View Post
You clearly do not know who I am and I see that you judge my skills without even knowing anything about me or my skills in that department.
I don't know who you are, enlighten me. And I wasn't judging anyones skills. If anything I was doubting the experience of the staff team, and knowing how long Soala has been "developing", I had every right doing so.

Just because a lot of my previous post was censored doesn't mean I tried coming off as hostile or anything, on the contrary - was genuinly trying to be helpful.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 AM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I don't know who you are, enlighten me. And I wasn't judging anyones skills. If anything I was doubting the experience of the staff team, and knowing how long Soala has been "developing", I had every right doing so.

Just because a lot of my previous post was censored doesn't mean I tried coming off as hostile or anything, on the contrary - was genuinly trying to be helpful.
I figured how hard it was to complete a server from scratch a while ago, and believe me, I would never say we are so advanced if we actually were far from it. What I did show to players was roughly 1/5 of everything that was done. Having the core systems needed to input gameplay would make me release everything else I have prepared, and this would easily make Ruins have enough content to be hosted.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:47 AM
Level Designer
N01ze is on a distinguished road
-Nickname: N01ze
-Position you're applying for: Story Teller
-Experience on other servers: I've been LATs and things on other servers but never a story teller. I do write a lot of fiction stories though :O
-Examples of your work: I could edit the post with an example or you could give me an assignment and I could make you an entire quest storyline as an application
Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by N01ze View Post
-Nickname: N01ze
-Position you're applying for: Story Teller
-Experience on other servers: I've been LATs and things on other servers but never a story teller. I do write a lot of fiction stories though :O
-Examples of your work: I could edit the post with an example or you could give me an assignment and I could make you an entire quest storyline as an application
You could eventualy read the first page so you can see that I want applications to be sent by forum pm or in a mail.

Secondly, you could read the last page to know that Ruins is dead right now and I don't plan on continuing it even if some people offered me servers to host it on.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:11 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
What a shame. Everyone always disappoints me, oh well. I got my hopes up for nothing.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
What a shame. Everyone always disappoints me, oh well. I got my hopes up for nothing.
Can't really blame me though.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Can't really blame me though.
Your inability to fund the server is more than enough reason to blame you though.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
I don't plan on continuing it even if some people offered me servers to host it on.
Why wouldn't you accept help? Sounds like you're just using this as an excuse to give up...quitter.

I understand that you might not want to upload your work on someone else's server, but if you really wanted to keep the project alive, you could easily continue working offline until you're able to buy more server-time. Levels, graphics, animations, and concepts can all be done without a server (and if Testbed ever comes back, you can test scripts out there).

Tags
ruins