Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
the exact same thing happens with xp 64bit. it's been happening since v4 came out. the only thing you guys can do to temp fix this is to run about 20 programs in the background and then run graal. i have to load teamspeak, itunes, wmp, msn, about 10 firefox windows, limewire etc and graal will run without crashing.
You tried to install the right drivers for the motherboard like rebornspirit did who had problems on 64bit?
Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
****ie
Ethereal is on a distinguished road
that fixed it for him? i saw one of his posts from a day or two ago and he is still having problems? i'm pretty sure i have all the right drivers though, i ran windows update and nothing is coming up there either.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately I kept installing the better drivers and doing system repairs becase many of the settings were improperly set. Well it either runs so nicely now, graal runs about 300% faster then it did before and it just thinks my memory or something is too leet for it and it just crashes or never runs at all now.

It doesnt bother me much, other then that fact that its waisting about a week of my graal account time now because I can't get on and just play like I should be able to.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Mursle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mursle
Erm....any chance that anyone can tell me when this problem will be fixed (with Vista), or is there anything I can do to fix it. I cant download things from login, Graal Edior and such. Also On login theres a lot of black and i get disconnected sometimes with these error messages. Any help please
Old 04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
CremisiSteam is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe if you got vista theres another way...
use the control panel / look for computer management and then change the hard drive size using shrink harddrive if you got enough room...

then on the new empty space...
install a linux XD or you could try an older windows like xp again...

oh yea do notget rid of the backup partition that would be bad XD

I am gonna install linux so I can play without the crashing until it gets fixed XD
Old 04-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Canadian
Nitro2030ce is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitro2030ce Send a message via MSN to Nitro2030ce
Quote:
Originally Posted by CremisiSteam View Post
hehe if you got vista theres another way...
use the control panel / look for computer management and then change the hard drive size using shrink harddrive if you got enough room...

then on the new empty space...
install a linux XD or you could try an older windows like xp again...

oh yea do notget rid of the backup partition that would be bad XD

I am gonna install linux so I can play without the crashing until it gets fixed XD
That's exactly what I did, except with Windows XP. I cannot get good 3D in Linux. The only problem with Windows XP, though, is that my sound card has no drivers and the Vista drivers do not work.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM
eh I was gonna install linux... but by the time I found one without the keyboard and or mouse not working... (debian works I guess...) I am now afraid to install debian linux since it does not tell you what it is actually gonna do... I thought I had everything right but I don't seem to like the loader commands they sorta don't tell you everything you need to know when your knew at linux XD plus it did not detect my internet stuff... so eh gonna probably install windows xp on this computer and dual boot
Old 04-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You should try Ubuntu, it is Debian for desktops and quite user-friendly.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I second that, only if you want user friendly, get Kubuntu.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Alure1316 will become famous soon enough
this is the error i get when i double-click on a player on the playerlist.

and also, sometimes when the clouds pass by on classic. they look distorted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalonvistaerrorrz4.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	40627  

Last edited by Darlene159; 04-17-2007 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: Use the attachment feature.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:22 AM
yea thats where I get the problem though...
1st is that I have for some reason a non working mouse in ubuntu but my keyboard works ... dunno why... also i would have to find drivers for my wireless internet to hook it up...

kubuntu failed alltogether no mouse no keyboard... I am gonna try with ubuntu again since debian is mostly evil looking at least I understood ubuntu...

I have linux running on an old 233mhz pentium 2 and I wish I could get that pc hooked up again to check what one it is... I think it has the same interface as kubuntu...

I really want to get ubuntu to work since I have the dual boot guide for it... my pc came with windows vista home premium " as a free upgrade " even though I specifically said I did not want it... all I wanted was windows xp... T_T eh oh well they refunded me 100$ for the mistake haha

also since I have no vista install cd... I can't install windows xp on the 2nd harddrive since I need to do a fix/reinstall of certain things... eh at least with ubuntu there is a site that shows how to change the grub loader XD

Last edited by CremisiSteam; 04-17-2007 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: forgot XD
Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Ex Manager of Era
DazJenova is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DazJenova Send a message via MSN to DazJenova
After renaming the graal4.exe i've had no problem with the runtime error's accept i still get random crashes now and then. Graal4.exe has stopped responding and needs to close is the error i'm getting currently on Windows Vista Ultimate. I also experience some lag issues while loading the playerlist on RC for some reason. It doesen't happen all the time it just happens now and then.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Retired Graalian (2009)
MegaMasterX90875 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MegaMasterX90875
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazJenova View Post
After renaming the graal4.exe i've had no problem with the runtime error's accept i still get random crashes now and then. Graal4.exe has stopped responding and needs to close is the error i'm getting currently on Windows Vista Ultimate. I also experience some lag issues while loading the playerlist on RC for some reason. It doesen't happen all the time it just happens now and then.
Final or RC1/2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2 View Post
You only get UAC dialogs when something requires administrative privileges, meaning when you're changing some settings in the control panel, installing new programs, and some isolated instances where a regular program needs admin privileges. You see the most UAC dialogs when you are first setting everything up after installing the OS. I haven't disabled anything and it doesn't get in my way. It's basically sudo with a GUI.
THANK YOU for telling them that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Nononono man, Kubuntu! >:}

ALSO: Hint! In order to dual boot, you must install the earliest operating system first. If you're dualbooting with Linux, install the Linux Distribution LAST so that GRUB/LILO replaces the default Windows Boot Loader. If you do not do this, your system may become unbootable. Word to the wise.

Last edited by MegaMasterX90875; 04-17-2007 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: Added a hint/tip
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
I can't get the keyboard/mouse to work so far on kubuntu...
I am currently reading the fix lists and stuff on the site... by this weekend I want to have it all fixed...

also I have a wireless network card and it does not seem to be detected so I might have to get the dvd version so I can get the drivers... not sure if my network card cd has drivers for linux... I never thought to check haha...

actually I really want to install kubuntu and not ubuntu... I like how it looks alot better but since the live boot cd is what I am using now and can't get a keyboard or mouse to work in that and in ubuntu live cd I can only get the keyboard to work... I am gonna try the disable legacy usb stuff quick fix and see if that works... but not today since I tend to get a bit obsessed and might not get to sleep till really really late... its already almost 2am T_T and I know I will not fall asleep till at least 3 - 330...

Last edited by CremisiSteam; 04-18-2007 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: meow
Old 04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
Most of my graphics in probably all the servers i visit is distorted, even light graphics. When i press [x] button on my Graal client to close it, i get error message. PMs i get error messages. It's just a whole huge mess, and yes i downloaded the latest graphic driver.