Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2009, 01:16 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'm afraid we may have a little trouble replacing our staff... and explaining ourselves.
"We need people better suited to the job"

It's not like many of them would be getting fired, people like Felix, John, Drakeero, me, etc etc, we're pretty perfect. How many of us really aren't qualified to do one more thing? It's not we (EMs) don't get asked questions too. I'd say you have a pretty perfect line up of staff members as it is. It's just not being used effectively. Hell, we all already have that useless GK Staff tag, why not use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
but if there's one of them on, they can't just leave the event because someone needs assistance in another category that they fall under, not to mention it'd be 3x the PMs with all three positions merged into one.
That same problem would happen now if the only person on tag was an EM, so that's hardly an argument.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I agree with Stephen, It would be very hard for a staff member to be 3 position on the server and not everybody has the skill required for every position.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
It's always nice to spread around power too, I don't want someone to be too powerful unless they really earn it. I can't say I support giving full GP, EM, FAQ, etc power to all of our staff because it increases the chance of corruption and is harder to manage.

Right now each team has a manager, and each team is nice and organized.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Yea have (GM)'s just like they have in most online games that deals with everything other then development stuffs.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
I think FAQ and GP should have been merged into 1 thing, if anything. Only because FAQ doesn't do anything other then answer questions. I can't even help any, just offer them advice basically. x.x.. Any staff can pretty much do that. ;0
Old 04-12-2009, 01:39 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
I think FAQ and GP should have been merged into 1 thing, if anything. Only because FAQ doesn't do anything other then answer questions. I can't even help any, just offer them advice basically. x.x.. Any staff can pretty much do that. ;0
Actually, it's very important that the FAQ is very personable and friendly, where as GPs and EMs don't have to require that trait as much. The FAQ team is a friendly face for our players, if you have a question, a FAQ should respond in a friendly manner and be willing to show them and have a lot of patience. It requires a very special personality to be a good FAQ member because it requires patience, understanding and knowledge.

When hiring any FAQs I always try to examine their psyche before making any final decisions to ensure they will do well as a FAQ and treat the players respectfully as I'm sure Felix and John do as well.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:42 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Right now FAQs are even more important because the playercount is much bigger than before and you get a lot more questions.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:42 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Actually, it's very important that the FAQ is very personable and friendly, where as GPs and EMs don't have to require that trait as much. The FAQ team is a friendly face for our players, if you have a question, a FAQ should respond in a friendly manner and be willing to show them and have a lot of patience. It requires a very special personality to be a good FAQ member because it requires patience, understanding and knowledge.

Before hiring any FAQs I always try to examine their psyche before making any final decisions to ensure they will do well as a FAQ and treat the players respectfully as I'm sure Felix and John do as well.
Lol, I guess that's why you asked me to be FAQ. :P
Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Lol, I guess that's why you asked me to be FAQ. :P
You bet.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:49 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
When hiring any FAQs I always try to examine their psyche before making any final decisions to ensure they will do well as a FAQ and treat the players respectfully as I'm sure Felix and John do as well.
You got me to quit FAQ and move to EM, that saying something about me?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:23 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
What exactly is the job/purpose of the GPs? Basically, what will they do?
Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
What exactly is the job/purpose of the GPs? Basically, what will they do?
Well, as outlined in GK's private GP forum,

Quote:
Your Duties
Your duties as a Graal Kingdoms Police officer include the following things:
  • Punish people for breaking our rules (stickied in the main forum).
  • Keep our community safe and clean.
  • Show players good behavior by example.
  • Watch for hackers, cheaters, scammers and glitchers.
  • Do not show favoritism to your friends, foes, kingdom allies, kingdom enemies, etc.
  • You must act as a judge and make a reasonable, fair decision based on each circumstance.
GK's GP team's jurisdiction also falls under requesting bans on players. For example, if a GP sees that it would be fit to ban someone, they may make a request and I will ban the person for the reason that they specified. The GP Captain will have ban rights, and will be able to take over this post once they're hired.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
having a police tag is great. jailing people for "scamming" and "hacking" when they act a fool is all great fun.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
having a police tag is great. jailing people for "scamming" and "hacking" when they act a fool is all great fun.
Banning rights should not be used lightly.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Wasn't John already an EM, FAQ, and kinda a GP before this?
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?