Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2015, 07:21 PM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation Zodiac - A Foreshadow of Maloria

I'm posting here because my words on the Zodiac forum hold no weight there and it's high time the Graalian community knows a few things. As it stands right now Zodiac is in disrepair, there are multiple bug issues. Class imbalancing and a very hard lack of actual Player Relations/GP's. Development time's are anywhere from 4-6 months for simple updates and dungeon development is at an all time low along with Level's which only seem to be done by 2 people. 1 of which doesn't really LAT. The Manager (Fowlplay4) has lost interest entirely in Zodiac, which in itself is a fine RPG server. However there is very little order and players run rampant. Zodiac had a very golden moment 3-4 months ago when someone posted on Reddit about how our server was dying.

Well it's still dying and Management (FP4) doesn't seem to really care about what happens. Our current head of Graal Police is MIA (Raven613) and our current GP's are only on tag once in a blue moon, so cases of harassment and other issues go unsolved and ignored. These problems are not only destroying the server, but they're driving players from it. It would be in Global's best interest (in my opinion) if they stepped in and looked at the server. Our last update was the Summer Dungeon which came out about a week or so ago. That's driven the player count up quite a bit. But no where near what we used to have. 100+ players daily.

If there is a possible way to save Zodiac or to some how restructure it so it doesn't collapse on itself, then please let me know. Because in the direction of which it is going, it's going to end up a lost cause much like my old server Maloria.

The current real issues are the following.

Inactive Staff, players who are inactive for about 5-7 months. Yet still have rights. When they do return there is no removal of rights.
Abusive Staff, no server is free from this. We've had staff that have been corrupt. Our last LAT/GFX staff members almost destroyed the server by abusing an NPC Script.
Player Harassment, It's become common place here on Zodiac. Our remedy? Place them on Chat Ignore. Which is our block function. We also have a Ignore/Blacklist, but that does only so much. Players can get on alternate accounts and just continue to harass others. There is no GP intervention unless it's putting the server itself at risk. Players who do these kind of things should be barred from the server to lessen the toxicity of the server and increase the overall enjoyment of the current playerbase and new players who join the game in hopes of finding a server they can settle down on.
Development Issues - Our server has lost most of it's development team. Currently from my knowledge only 3 people are developing things. But only 1 of them is non-staff and works on events. Head of Development: Ketsomaru and the assistance Developer, Symmasolan. These are the only 2 people who have been working on the server. We have lost about 3 devs. 1 Quit. 1 Fired. 1. Resigned, then fired after abusing rights.
Player to Staff Interaction - There is very little player to staff interaction. Not that this is mandatory, but it helps if the staff members can be more involved with the player community and vice versa. We have plenty of talented individuals who would be willing to work on the server, but staff tend to turn a blind eye.

Thanks for your time. - Xenoith