Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is just really niceDeophite18 is just really nice
Application: Deophite-_-

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

My real name is Wesley and I’m 23 years old. I have been playing Graal since sometime around 2000. My account name is Deophite18 and my handle is Deophite-_-. I have been a GP on Classic Graal for a few years now. That is where I am mainly known, however, I have played a handful of other servers including GK, UN, Npulse, Zodiac, and Zone. Over the years I have come to realize I’m the type of person you either like or you don’t. There aren’t really any shades of gray. I play graal only as a hobby. Just something to do in my free time.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

As I said, I have been a GP on classic for about 3 years now. I have never applied for any other staff job on any server. I have never really been interested in something such as FAQ even though I sometimes feel like it’s a part of being a GP at least on my server. As for development, I don’t script. I am mediocre at making levels but have never been interested in pursuing a job involving it.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

I am mature in a game mostly populated by immature children. I am unbiased and I have always entered any situation with a neutral perspective. I have always been pretty good at resolving player related issues and disputes.

The reason I am applying for this now is simple. I have always felt like I could do more as a staff member. As a GP on one server I am limited and I have often thought I could be more helpful and productive doing something else with my staff time.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What amount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

High School Graduate. Will be graduating this fall from college with Computer Networking Degree. I am employed and currently work as a Pharmacy Tech. I could probably put in about 3 hours a day to graal-related duties. More of course during summer.

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

I agree with what others have said about making them more accessible. But also id like to see the PWA become more accessible as well. As of now it’s difficult to get a hold of them without creating support tickets. In my opinion PWA has always been plagued by inactivity and I would like to see that change.

Create more ways to get in contact with them and also be a little more active on some of the playerworlds. Graal politics can be nasty and a pain to deal with. PWA sometimes have to listen to different point of views from all kinds of staff members and based on that make certain and sometimes difficult decisions. I think part of being more active, instead of basing a lot of the decisions they make on what they are told by other staff members that they should get in there and become part of the active community and see for themselves what is really going on with the specific playerworld. That way they can make a more accurate and fair decision on whatever it is that needs to be done.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.

Really everything I have done as a GP has to show good judgement. But sometimes going above and beyond normal duties to answer unrelated technical questions or to help and show new players the ropes or help them with quest related things that FAQ usually handle. Handling disputes in a mature and fair manner. Treating all players fairly and sometimes regrettably having to punish friends of mine who think my rules do not apply to them. That is all.