Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Graal Kingdoms Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2008, 06:37 PM
vigilant_death2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vigilant_death2 Send a message via Yahoo to vigilant_death2
NAT Application

I would be very interested in joining the GK team as a NAT.
I began graal most actively around 2003 and began scripting very shortly after.
GK has always been one of my favorite servers for it's true uniqueness in every aspect.
I do miss the days when everyone mined because it was actually important and would like to bring some of those aspects back to it.
If anyone remembers when level 20 was king... (heh shrimpy) well those were the good ole days eh?
I think changing the level up system and combat formulas would drastically improve the gameplay there possibly even adding a quest system whether it be randomly generated or storyline.
GK has always had the greatest potential but seems to fall short...
But, of course, those are nothing more then personal opinions .

As a NAT I know I would be able to improve the server.
I am extremely active in graal and on average put anywhere from 5-10 hours a day into graal mainly doing dev work rather then playing.
I really don't have any scripts that I can post here but some of the neater things I have coded before include a Level Editor with undo, ground tile select(and it shows the image of the tiles you grab :P), and ability to save only when you want to.
A mini map that is rendered from the tiles themselves which makes quite a nifty script as you don't need to update it when you add more areas!

I suppose if you are looking for any true example scripts feel free to forum PM me or catch me on Dark Diamond as I'm almost always there and if not I will be AFK on RC .
[also you can get a sneak preview of that mini map in its beta form!]

look for Neo/vigilant_death2

Also, I know you may not be looking for a NAT atm but I'm at least putting my interest in this out there !