Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2005, 02:25 AM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
Relic First Presentation

Well -- This is the first time that the Graal Community will know what I've been working on. Most of you know me from either Doomsday (as Rance Vicious) or, more lately, on Era (as Velox Cruentus). If you neither know me in either case, it imports very little. Currently, I've been working on my server since roughly three weeks after I quit Era. In the meantime, I've been enhancing my programming skills, and just lately, I've got access to G4.

My server, named Relic, will be built upon the latest technology availible by G4 (I might have problems due to G4's glitches, but these are repaired relitively fast) as well as the newest programming language (GS2). None-the-less, the documents for the server are done, with perhaps a few changes along the way. However, most of the work is being slowed down due to the lack of a ganist.

Now: For the Document:

Playerworld Project:
By Velox Cruentus

Scripter: Velox Cruentus
Designer: Tony Rivers
Game Masters: Kazuko & Meridrak

Aim: The aim of Relic is to gather enough material rules to create a solid player-based economy for a more complete role-playing genre server. The targeted audience is of mature 16-25 years of age.

Theme: The theme of Relic is that of a medieval role-playing server. It is based upon the insight on how religions are formed, as well as their effects on the population. Depending on the background and history of the person and how it can impact the world of today.

Storyline (rough): The story begins by the evolution of technology, and how humans have lost all moral structure in which religion used to provide due to the tangible products of that produced by technology. Due to such – The ever-growing power and dominance of technology has evolved to such a capacity that is was able to control atoms at a molecular level – Thus, Nanotechnology.

As the power grew, the risk of abusing it has ever-so increased to such a point that it consumed itself. Destroying most technological structures as they deemed possible, very few humans have survived, and those whom have were far and few in between. The knowledge of such tremendous power has diminished to a vague rumor.

The only knowledge that remained among the ruins of what happened, centuries later, was that powerful gods came on earth and punished human-kind for losing faith in the gods, and worshipping artificial means of powers. Powerful wizards fought fiercely the gods, alas, their magic was no use to the creators.

Scavenging through the ruins, one day, a young lad came upon an ancient rune that was buried deeply into the ground. Searching for ore or other precious riches to be found, he came upon it. The rune shimmered as it was possessed by the young lad. Going back into the town, and carrying his rune graciously in the air! The ancient gods had finally come to accept them, and they gave him the sign of his arrival! Encrypted with weird signs, the young lad had no knowledge of the power it possessed.

Screenshot was added noise and blurred to prevent stealing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	preview.png
Views:	347
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	32339  

Last edited by Darlene159; 12-30-2006 at 03:09 AM..