Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 08:31 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Ideas, suggestions, and discussion!

I know that there's already a thread where people have been posting ideas and suggestions but I wanted to start over on a clean sheet and make this thread a bit more official. I also have something to say regarding my activity so I thought it would be nice to start a new thread.

School has just started a week ago for me and I'm still trying to get used to having to go 5 days a week then spend my weekend working my job. It has caused a bit of inactivity because I've been really tired. I should be fine now.

Anyway, to the real deal. GOOD NEWS.
We have a dev server. No 30 day temporary dev server bull**** that Stefan offered us. We have it for 6 months.

We want to add a lot of new things to make the game more fun and enjoyable. Most players agree that right now the server is extremely boring. I agree with you 100<percent>! My ideas are limited, and so are the other staff's. I want you all to post your ideas here and open them for discussion. I will read every idea posted here and also give every one feedback on what I think.

I'll start off with one of my ideas.

I want to change around gangs a lot. Right now people don't really have any incentive to raid each other. Points? You can't do anything with points right now. It's just a number. Letting gangs buy things with their points wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't really support that as much as others do. If we do add a shop to spend gang points, we would most likely allow people to buy base upgrades. Adding HP to certain doors, making your medkits/beds heal more, allowing an additional gang gun to the rack (this is off of another idea with gang guns) etc etc.

What I really want to do is create main capture points around Era that gangs can take over and gain certain advantages (sounds a lot like Zodiac but that didn't occur to me until after someone pointed it out) These capture points will only open when the player count reaches a certain point, or when a certain amount of gang members are on. For example, when 5 or more players from a minimum of 2 gangs are online, a server message will be sent saying that the capture points are open.

Having control of these capture points will give unique bonuses to the gang members that control it (if you get off tag while you have the 'bonus' you will lose it) I had in mind speed increases, gun damage increase, wound resistance increase, etc (feel free to add on!!) I think it would be really fun. The demand to join gangs will increase and more players will be on gang tag so the bonuses effect them.

Please, post away! Please do not flame each others ideas. Constructive criticism is welcome. All will be taken into consideration.

Thanks!
-Frankie (ADMINISTRATOR)
Old 09-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Why not have Gangs start RP-Story Line? And depending on how well they RP they get points?

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 09-13-2008, 08:39 PM
xChugxLifex
Era isn't really much of a roleplay server so I think that wouldn't be such a good idea.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
I think, That you should make a clean start. A new Gmap, New Buildings, New Gangs, Like the old plans. You could create this all on the Dev Server, Why do i think that this would be a good idea? The current Gmap is being bored.. A new one would be great, So we can explore more. You could also add some new quests. And make them harder!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:24 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Something does need to be done with gangs, and most of your ideas sound pretty solid to me frankie. I don't like the idea of gaining special bonuses for capturing a control point in a gang bass. However the idea of having capture points in gang basses is a damn good one ( Dems idea wasn't it?). anyways I think gangs should earn points for holding these capture points for certain amounts of time. The points could be spent on base upgrades and other various gang upgrades like you said (requires more thought).

I'd like to see lots of player owned shops, that players can buy. and I don't care what you say these shops had nothing to do with bad economies in the past.
Id like to see more of a free market, where the market will decide which business will succeed. Business owners should be able to spend their money to upgrade their business in many ways.
I'd like to see more unique businesses. If a player can come up with a good biz idea and all the graphics necessary, staff should set up a business for him. Set up an e mail address where players can send their ideas and graphics and set up a good biz admin to monitor this. The more businesses you have the more stuff players will have to spend their money on = a healthy economy.

Finally the Gmap sucks. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Era needs to look and feel like a real city. with a china town, little Italy, downtown core, slums etc... You'd think that these Gmap designers had never seen a city in their lives. To be fair its not completely their fault, given what they have to work with. Hire a gang of GATs and put them to work. The tileset is in bad need of an overhaul in my opinion.

I could go on forever. but here are 3 loose ideas for people to build on.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Era Manager
Bring the Mall back!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
Here's some of my ideas for Businesses/Gangs. Players can do it also.

Lot Upgrade/Monopoly
When a business/gang first starts out, they have a very basic building that
only houses gang members for a hangout. If they want to add security/healing
room, etc. It will cost them money towards their Gang Treasury. Gang Treasury
allows the gang to add rooms, add stories, etc. They can also buy an empty
lot (block) that is on sale from the city. This also leads to another idea I have.

This will help slow down the economy's growth, and the demands for
jobs will be higher, leading to more growth in the economy maturely, not illegally as in duping, scamming, etc.

City Government
City Staff; Mayor, Mayor's Asst, Police, etc. EPD is currently acting as a gang which is okay, but it's bad right now for me atleast. EPD should get
money everytime a player with a certain wanted stars would get killed in the streets leading more money to the city. More money to the city means
they can improve streets, lots getting bigger, destruction, etc. The Mayor
is in charge of who's who in the city, buildings, etc. Trying to make the city
grow more. Also more cities the better, better trades, and competition.

I think this is a good idea, because it will lead off to the PK scenario Era
has, and would have a big interactive system in the server. It would lead to more players playing, and having a lot of great ideas to spring up. Also it's more than just PK if so.

Wanted Levels
If a player kills a certain amount of kills it will raise their wanted level. Now
the wanted level is just to complement the EPD to kill them for money to their
Police Building. Also to lower your wanted level, you have to wait it down depending on your star level. More stars = more waiting time. If you kill
your timer resets or even raise your star level.

This is great, it would lead to more interactive activities to the server leading to a played out gameplay, and keep the server going in terms of
entertainment.

Gang Raids
Fist of all gang raids need to be more fun, etc. Here is one of my ideas for gang raids. The way to start a Gang War is to kill x amount of the other gang members. Once the Gang War with [Your Gang - B Gang] member fills up or something. You get a gang war activation, meaning each gang in the war would have to defend or raid, because once a gang property gets captured it will be that gang's property now. Also for HQ they cannot get captured, but they can
be holded down for money during how much time they hold it for. Gang War meter will have a timer, and once timer ends. The gang war is over and no gang
buildings can be captured anymore. Oh and the gang gets money for their treasury everytime the gang kills an enemy gang that's in war with them.

---------------
Instead of worrying about how to take money off the economy. You should worry about how to prevent a lot of money pouring into the economy.
I say lower the gun prices, job prices, etc, and prevent a lot of money coming out. Let it circulate like having NPC items stock out much faster, etc. Than
a reset should happen. I know it seems bad that a reset again is bad, but that is the only way to fix it, but if only if they are guaranteed that they know the
money won't be pouring out as fast.

Anyways, that is all my ideas for now that I am going to share. I hope you like it, but yeah. If you want a more in-depth info about any of these ideas feel free to AIM or PM me. I didn't bother to post everything out in detail. I know people won't read it if it's long.

Last edited by ArushenP2P; 09-13-2008 at 09:31 PM..
Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 PM
xChugxLifex
I definitely want to redesign the Gmap. The current one is very unorganized. If you press M and look at the map it's a huge mess!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Era Manager
Yes exactly, this would take some time. But if u just have your current LAT's and maybe hire one or two extra Temp LAT's to help u with the Gmap and the new buildings (Insides) i think that it can be done very fast.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:28 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
More on the Outbreak event. Make it bigger, hell a town dedicated to a constant on going Zombie invasion.

Outbreak is the pinnacle of Era.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
More on the Outbreak event. Make it bigger, hell a town dedicated to a constant on going Zombie invasion.

Outbreak is the pinnacle of Era.
/Agreed.

Rofl I used to only come on era to play this event..
Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 PM
xChugxLifex
@Natchez - The reason why the gmap is so messy is because about 10 different LATs have designed it.. It's a huge mess because of that. It wasn't specifically 1 person's fault.
Also, the capture points isn't going to be the only thing added. I do want to add actual enemy base capturing too.

@Dubsterman - The mall will DEFINITELY be back

@Arushen - Your ideas are nice, but a bit too complex.

@Kia - Although Outbreak is a fun event and I would not mind expanding it, I think that's not as important as other things right now.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Graal Developer
ArushenP2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ArushenP2P
Lol Frankie, I thought it was too complex.

You should have a project manager or even you that assigns each different parts of the GMAP to work on. Also make sure their style is the same as you want them to be.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Era Manager
@Frankie, Yeshhh! Woho! I love u KatieLover! (Frankie)

Read my Forum PM btw
Old 09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=119

Cars, housing, furniture. Go.