Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Graal Kingdoms Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Weekly Events Master

I am looking for a weekly events master who will be responsible for hosting at least one major event per week on the weekend.

This means I want a well-thought-out and planned event each weekend to occupy players. You will set up a time that you find is most suitable for your schedule (but must be during peak times 3PM-7PM EST).

Your Job
You will be responsible for hosting an elaborate, well-thought-out event each weekend. Usually these events will have large prizes (which you will plan and get approved by me). After you host the event, you will be responsible for posting small, cropped screen shots of the event & a small description on the Graal news at graal.net (I can help you with this if you don't know how).

If you are unable to make your job some weekend, you must forum PM me at least 2-3 days ahead of time so I can find a temporary replacement. If it becomes a continuous problem, I will have to find a permanent replacement.

Benefits of the Job
If you don't have access already, you will gain access to GK Debug where you are able to test your planned events, create any items you want, etc. You will also be able to host regular events any time you like, though you will still be responsible for hosting at least one large event per weekend. The events you plan should usually require minimal or no scripting help, graphics help, gani help, etc, and you should be creative and work with what is currently available on Graal Kingdoms.

You are also invited to develop content yourself for your events, but please make sure your quality of work is up to par with GK's required quality or it will be denied before the event. All work is thoroughly inspected for best content and minimal glitches to ensure the best quality possible for Graal Kingdoms.

You may also be able to eventually create items yourself after proving that you are good at the job and trustworthy.

The biggest, and possibly most difficult part of your job is: your events must be fun.

Examples of Possible Events
-Large, planned and controlled scavenger hunts. (Bury bag events are frowned upon, hiding items is better)
-Art contests (whoever submits the best Graal-related art).
-Complicated riddles and quests you have set up.
-RP-Quest events, which involve helpers to act as parts of the Quest to give players clues, etc.

Please send a forum PM to me about the position that includes information about yourself, some creative events ideas you have, why you're interested in this job, your past experience, and any other additional information you want to include.

You may post questions about this position in the thread.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 04-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
All of that (besides the art contest bit) could be automated and probably should be automated on a server struggling to keep an active player count. Though, to be honest, Gold servers especially should have automated events systems that don't rely on staff to be around to host events because these are servers that players are paying to play on, and it isn't really fair for people to be paying on a server where events are dependent on when the staff feel like hosting.

But regardless of that, automated systems (when coded correctly) would leave no room for error when it comes to event winners and the way events are handled, which also eliminates the possibility of corruption amongst your EM's, and also ensures that events would be ran as they should be (smoothly without error).

It would be extra work, but definitely worth it in the long run. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
All of that (besides the art contest bit) could be automated and probably should be automated on a server struggling to keep an active player count. Though, to be honest, Gold servers especially should have automated events systems that don't rely on staff to be around to host events because these are servers that players are paying to play on, and it isn't really fair for people to be paying on a server where events are dependent on when the staff feel like hosting.

But regardless of that, automated systems (when coded correctly) would leave no room for error when it comes to event winners and the way events are handled, which also eliminates the possibility of corruption amongst your EM's, and also ensures that events would be ran as they should be (smoothly without error).

It would be extra work, but definitely worth it in the long run. Just my thoughts.
An automated events system can't make new and interesting events each week.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
An automated events system can't make new and interesting events each week.
Artificial intelligence can get you quite far, so actually, it very well can. Nonetheless, I just wanted to give my thoughts on the topic; I don't feel like getting into a debate on humans vs machines because I don't really care for it considering my nature of being a programmer. I just gave my opinion is all (take it for what it is), I'm not trying to take jobs away from the people, I just don't think a server with a low playercount could afford to continue making its only active players part of the staff team, because it will eventually get to the point where everyone that plays is staff.

Besides, automated event systems can be fun if you add some type of evaluation feature to it where it analyzes the types of events players like most and creates new events geared toward the players' wants.

Anywho, no real reason to keep bickering over something so petty, just wanted to drop in and give my opinion.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Position was filled by Drakeero, thanks for all applications and sorry to those who didn't make it.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Closed Thread