Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Do you think Sister Gertude's house should be moved back?
I agree 19 82.61%
I disagree 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Sister Gertrude.

A lot of people on Classic agreed that Sister Gertrude's should be moved back to overworld_05.nw as currently it's in the middle of no where.

What do you think?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus
A lot of people on Classic agreed that Sister Gertrude's should be moved back to overworld_05.nw as currently it's in the middle of no where.

What do you think?
I agree with you man,but Massokre already told me it's being used for an upcoming quest. I would have moved it when I was LAT if I could have.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda
I agree with you man,but Massokre already told me it's being used for an upcoming quest. I would have moved it when I was LAT if I could have.
They could/should make a difference place for that, the area in which it was is how I remember Classic.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
I disagree. Sister Gertrude was a recent addition and it'd be even more classical to not even have her. Really, we should be starting out in a cave or something with Kain, Stefan, and Mattias.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Rolav is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Rolav Send a message via AIM to Rolav Send a message via Yahoo to Rolav
I forgot about that cave, remember the old building with all the pots and stuff outside? and the mini tutorial
Dabura (10/6/2003 12:41:03 PM):
Mass message:
there seems to be something wrong with the server "Atlantis", everyone seems to be speeking in some sort of code....odd

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
Old 07-24-2006, 07:40 PM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Yeah, bring back the cave!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Sister Gertrude's Orphanage was invented because nobody wanted me to Actually Mess With Brother's House. Originally you were gonna wake up there after the intro, since that's where the cave exited, but nobody liked that idea. So instead, I cloned it into Sister Gertrude's.

Really the question ought to be, do you want a Tyhm-era lead-you-by-the-nose line of quest or not?

For that matter - should Questing be the only way to go? Should people be allowed to randomly lift a bush after 10, 15 hours on the game and find a warp to the end of a quest? Or be granted a pass to some quest they never finished for beating a spar tournament?

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm
Really the question ought to be, do you want a Tyhm-era lead-you-by-the-nose line of quest or not?
Of course, quests should be coherent, as it adds more enjoyment, and gives them a sense of purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm
For that matter - should Questing be the only way to go? Should people be allowed to randomly lift a bush after 10, 15 hours on the game and find a warp to the end of a quest? Or be granted a pass to some quest they never finished for beating a spar tournament?
One thing I'm keen to emphasize is that the main storyline should not be too long, and non essential stuff should be in side quests, so that people can quite quickly gain the usual hearts, sword, gloves etc., without getting too caught up in a massive number of quests. They can later go and do the non-essential quests as they please.

Of course, that's just my two pennies, so I'd be intrigued to hear what people think.

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 07-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Tyhm's Classic was, in my opinion, the most complete Graal server ever made. That was a product that could have been a fiscal success, had that ever been a question.

Letting Tyhm go was one of the biggest mistakes this company made. His quests made the game fun and worthwhile.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Before we get into reminiscences and recriminations, Pay wasn't the problem - I moved across the country, got lethargic not having to leave the house or work for a living, and drifted away from scripting. I figured Com013 was an awesome enough scripter to fill my shoes - unfortunately I didn't leave him with a framework for all the administrative crap that also fell to him by default, he couldn't script with all the requests to take charge, it fell apart just as support for Clientside servers was expiring...and I still can't script decently in Serverside-ese. I mean, look at Zorbi Blast if it's still on Kingdoms. Or the Giant Mushroom. Poorly bodged, Stefan had to rescript 'em both from ground-up.

The problem with Tyhm's Classic was what I've come to call the Horrid Relay - The team starts out at the start line, the first one runs a little way and stops, the second runner covers the same ground, maybe goes a little further and stops...every successive generation of LAT Admin sees it necessary not to trust the previous admin and Build On It, but to tear down the previous work and retool it. I'm no better, I wasted the better part of a year "Pulling Staples", rearranging the levels. Particularly in artfully destroying Big City (volcano) and Destiny (Lizardon attack). If I'd left them Ugly But Functional I could have wrapped The Golden Realm and had the credits ready by the time I left...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 07-26-2006, 08:28 PM
yojimbokintoray is on a distinguished road
Exodus for LAT admin and Tyhm for asst admin that could save classic

Leet stats won't change the fact that you'r new son