Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Drakmith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Drakmith Send a message via Yahoo to Drakmith
Another Generation Will Follow

When I first started Graal, (At the era when it had that big sword for a loading screen, which ironically never seemed to load) I remember the mad rush everyone was in, how it was a rare occurance to actually be able to leave that starting garden everyone was crammed into..

I left for some time, after getting frustrated with the mechanics of the game. The era of N-Pulse came and went while I was off doing other things, when I returned, Unholy Nations was under way, the server I really started playing on Graal, in my newbie days.

I struggled to find a character I could stick to.. I went through countless names and looks, DarkMatter, Dark Pirhana (Didn't care if it was mispelled or not, never did bother to check) Nozomashii, Khaine... And, more others then I can count

Then I came across head835, and the name just hit me.. From then on I was always Bloo Kat.

I didn't start as a GAT though, I could barely use paint before I came to Graal. I worked as a LAT for several old servers, it was months before I was hired as one for UN (During the time when Dark Warlock owned it.) I was never a good LAT then though, oh I thought I was.. But I know I sucked, plain and simple.

I quit UN when a certain staff member gave me no end of harrassment, constantly messing with my levels making them look worse then they already did. So then I left for Providence, I had no real knowledge of Graal at the time, on UN I wasn't given an RC as a LAT.

Providence didn't change that, I had to email all my files to MadMartigan so he could load them. But the old Providence had a nice feel to it, there wasn't a lot to it, but it seemed like hope was pushing the server forwards.

In all honesty, I can't really remember why I quit or left Providence, or even remember doing so... But I did, and went back to UN. Now they had a new GAT Admin, TRC (The Rabid Chicken some told me it stood for, though I still think they just said it to make me look stupid)

His faded styles on all his GFX piqued my interest in the works, so I found an old program I had, buried away in the back of my harddrive (Adobe Photoshop 2.0) and began working at Pixeling (2.0 was pretty much just a Glorified Paint, if even)

My first attempt was a (really) bad head, trying to mimic Samus Aran from the Metroid series. I've long since deleted that, shamed of it's appearance.
But then one day, Manta (Manager of UN at the time) had sent out a mass that he needed GFX work done for some mini-games he was making, and I applied.

That's when it all began, from then on I was just "grinding" at working on GFX to no end, it was all I had to do, so it's all I did. With everything I made I'd learn new techniques, new styles.. And shortcuts to make the work go faster without sacrificing quality.

Eventually, Adobe just stopped working... A DLL file was deleted accidently, causing the program to cease functioning, and me without the C-D... Until I found PaintShop Pro 7!
It took months, and months to get all the settings and options just right, and even longer to get used to a whole new way to make GFX...

Something horrible had happened in my personal life, causing me to stray from Graal (And partially from reality, at that) for a length of time, when I came back, I was bitter... I had quit UN, forsaken most all of my friends and left to look for a new life on another server.

Era had showed up on the list, a someone named Delph was the only other person online. After talking for some time, I had applied for a GFX job there, and was asked, "What would you most like to see on Era?" I said Docks, and he had me make something you'd see on modern docks (Industrial)

It was awhile before I came back to Era, I forget where I went in the meantime.. But I forget a lot of things o_o.

When I returned, the previous NAT was now the owner of the server, and Delph was nowhere to be seen. So I worked for Chrisz and Angel then, there's a long story in itself between the lines at this point, old hatreds that don't need to be dug up, so we'll skip ahead..

Real Life happens, what can you do? My family and I pack our bags and move from Maine to Tampa Bay, Florida! Yahoo!
When my internet becomes available once more, it would appear rumours of my death or suicide have spread (Slightly) causing mass confusion upon my return.

Era has changed greatly, more then I was willing to get used to at the time, so I take a slight break from it and linger offline or around other servers while I adjust to the changes.

Era is now the most active server online, even UN is struggling to keep itself alive amidst the rush of gunfire, green poo water that heals you, and a bunch of weird base raids that remind you of those bad 40's gangster movies.
I end up having to re-adapt my style to fit into Era's theme, (Chrisz didn't like my shading, I can't blame him.. Looking back on it I don't think my shading was that great at the time)

I stay with Era for the longest time, it just keeps growing, new areas are created.. Then the P4 is invented. My Heaven on Earth.
Entire blocks are reduced to ashes as I jump from building to building, trapping people with the explosives and causing lag so bad that clothing would change colour (Yes, that happened once)

Eventually, P4 is rescripted, and the Auto Layer for it is taken from me

Again, reality steps in and deals me a blow that cripples my sanity temporarily. For a week I spent the nights in a mental facility, dead to the world. I had lost all sense of time and awareness in a manic depression.

When I finally came out of it, and recovered, I had come back to find that before I had logged off the day prior, I had apparently said a few things that hinted heavily at my suicide. (Which I never did plot in the first place.)

I find people who wouldn't cast me a sidewards glance before, were now running up to me crying about how glad they were I was alright. I've make several friends because I died, it seems.
One of which, I still have to this very day, and is easily the greatest friend anyone could have, though many people just can't see it. (Partially their fault... Okay mostly)

Then Era takes a dive for the worst, staff are hired I just cannot get along with.. And I officially resign from my position and drift off to a server named Archaic.

We're the proudest G2k2 rip you can imagine, full of giggles and Gmaps, we start working with no real aim towards the "Ultimate Server"

Then, my family and I have to move once again, this time to North Carolina! It takes much longer then originally anticipated to actually get power, water, and then the Net 'hooked' up here, but in the meantime, I worked with PSP7.

One morning I click the wrong tool by accident, then realize that the same tool could possibly be used to shade with as well, or at least assist in it.
My suspicions prove correct, and I discover the style for shading I use even to this day. It's not perfect, but it's what I like.

Using the new style, we rebuild Archaic. The first castle is created, and a style never before seen on Graal Online comes to light. It recieves as many negative opinions as positive, but I was proud of it either way.

The Manager and I eventually stop seeing eye to eye, and our 'relationship' is shattered, never quite being the same again, even though I tried coming back to work for him.. It just wasn't right.

And that brings us to today, I come to find Zone needs help with graphics, and I offer my assistance.. Though it does take a long time before I'm able to "roll" around to it.

------------------------------------------

And now, I find that a certain few people have come into "Power" on Graal Online. People I was hoping had not only quit the game, but would never come back to spread such annoyance and debauchery again.

This (extremely) lengthy post is my resignation from Graal Online, wishing to not be involved in further war with these people.

I've made a lot of enemies while on this game, done a lot of things I knew at the time were a 'bad' idea... But sometimes for the greater good, you need to punish the innocent, or speak up against those you hold close.
To the people I've made foes with on this game, I appologize.

------------------------------------------

If anyone needs help with GFX of some sort, I'd be glad to.
Assuming the request isn't, "Omg teach me!" or "Can you make.. *Names a whole list of items, worthy of creating a whole server"

AIM : Bloo the Psycho

-------------------------------------------

I wish all of you luck with whatever you may be working on, or hope to achieve in your 'time' employed for, or playing Graal Online.

~ Bloo Kat
Old 01-07-2004, 12:48 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Bye guy who is oh so important so he cant use the goodbye section like everybody else...

Have fun
Old 01-07-2004, 12:58 AM
marcoR is on a distinguished road
See ya Bloo, I'd like make a funny example of a conversation we once had, but we'll leave that alone. XD
aim: lorielvictrix
Old 01-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Possibly Possessed
Qwert616 is on a distinguished road
Good bye, I hope you mostly enjoyed your time on Graal. It seems like you had an interesting history.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Bye

Moved to the appropriate section
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 01-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Bloo,
We never really got along very well, But you do indeed deserve my respect, Your one of the greatest gfx people ever on graal, You did work very hard at everything you did, and your one of the only staff that stood up to me when I was being *****y. You will be missed

Old 01-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Are mods allowed to use cencored out words?
Old 01-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
Good bye my friend, you know Ill follow you where ever your off to next.

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Sorry to see you go Bloo Kat , you have talent and I respect that. I am not really sure what it was you had against me but just to let you know , I never have nor do I even at this point have anything against you even though you D/C'ed me 2 times on RC on Zone. I guess you have your reasons for it and I have never expected that everyone would like me nor will I ever. I hope the best for you in whatever you do in life. May you reach all the goals in life you set for yourself.

Good Luck !

Charlie aka Moon God

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 01-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
You know Bloo...at one time, me and you were the PW match made in heaven(dont take this the wrong way). When we first found out about the PW renting, we were both pretty damned happy to get away from Era.

Things didnt work out between us, I understand that, and I also understand at times I have been known to be a prik. Anyway, I wont get deep into it, but later. Hope one day if possible we can see eye to eye.

PS:Get your ass away from graal, your too good at GFX for graal. Get yourself somewhere you can actual make a gain for yourself.

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 01-07-2004, 01:52 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Farewell, Bloo.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:55 AM
my stapler..
MrCharles will become famous soon enough
Goodbye, Bloo. :[
Old 01-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Mustang1988 is on a distinguished road
Goodbye Bloo Kat,

this is one of the few, if not only goodbye thread I have replied to, and I think you deserve it the most. Nice working with ya, bud.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:59 AM
Banned
Divider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Divider
Cya.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:18 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Long thread ;x Hehe, sorry to hear about all those negative things that happened. Good luck with whatever you do in the future, see ya later.