Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Event Coins - Can Drop?

Should we enable dropping of Event Coins??
Old 10-08-2010, 06:35 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
/agreed

I think the transaction between Event Coins and Players can play a good roll in the economy.. definitely a new currency for Era.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Yes.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Numba One Stunna
Reese has a little shameless behaviour in the past
No bc then there will be an outrageous number of flaks and bows
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Graal Legend
ManDown is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ManDown
Do it..
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I think that you will most likely regret it if you do. I don't play Era, but I've seen this happen on every other server I have played on and they all end up wishing they hadn't bothered. It's hard enough keeping track of one economy, and in a dual economy one will always be preferred unless there is very strict balancing. Personally I think this makes jobs and the other methods of making money redundant; why bother working when you can enjoy yourself and gain prosperity through events?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
There won't be an outrageous number. There will be only as many as they wanted it to be. (The amount they stocked - 5 of each.)

After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Event coins will become a higher tier of currency, one not accessible to every player, thus spacing out the economy more and creating more obstacles for the players wanting to gain expensive items.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I think the problems with it are more deep-rooted than they would be immediately obvious. Classic limited the "tickets" that each Game Coordinator (Events Team) could distributed, but after a while it didn't even matter because events are there to stimulate the entertainment of the player. You can't just stop hosting events because there's too much currency out there, and this is usually remedied by price inflations. Imagine how it'll be when you can bargain for almost anything with Event Coins AND money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Event coins will become a higher tier of currency, one not accessible to every player, thus spacing out the economy more and creating more obstacles for the players wanting to gain expensive items.
Team events? New-ish players always leech prizes from them.

Last edited by Rufus; 10-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Edited to work on its own as I misunderstood the person I was quoting.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
How many are in the game right now?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:30 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like trading EC.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Don't do it, but perhaps allow ECs to be traded in for a certain amount of money in the EC shop ($250 or something). The only problem with this is that I can everyone just cashing in ECs instead of buying event items. And of course, you'd have to watch out for corrupt ETs giving ECs to friends.

All in all, trying to mix the ECs with the regular economy is not a good idea.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:05 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I agree- I don't think it will happen. Thanks guys
Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
$250 is trash. Trading EC in for money would need to at least be $500 each. They should make them trade able to players as well.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
nah 250 is more than generous, will pay for ammo atleast. you also have those people with like 80 of them that would be an easy 40k if they sold them for 500 each and just mess up the economy even more.