Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 05:09 AM
*****butt.
Robocop300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unofficial Thread: Era Suggestions

OKAY.

Unofficial thread meant for Era suggestions!

Rules:
#1 - Post helpful suggestions.
#2 - Let your hatred for current out here, tell all of Era what your brilliant mind has to share
#3 - ????
#4 - PROFIT!!!

============================================

Personal suggestions (General):

1. WEAPONS:

Value in guns is worthless in Era. What all current managers, starting from Jenn, have ever done is create a rarity complex with weapons. Take a page from the book of "past Era" and make MOST weapons available to Era. If any of you have played in a past Era, I'm sure you'd note that there were the basic weapons, accessible to most players, hell, not only shops sold them, but GANGS sold certain weapons (for example: you could find a TG in EM, or an MS in BB, but they sold for more than what the shops offered) - the main point is that MOST guns were accessible.

If you must use gang-points, then have them mean something. Bring back gang weapons, but make it so that no CONSUMER weapon is equal to gang weapons, that way there is a hierarchy and players want to join gangs and COMPETE for the weapons that they offer. However, instead of having to sell them, make it so that the points can be used so that those players who have "shop-access" can purchase a weapon for X-amount of time so that players are forced to participate to reap the benefits of the points.

Now, finally, at the top of the hierarchy, you have businesses like PPA. They used to be against gangs, for the most part they accepted private contractors to INVADE gangs on behalf of someone else. In the past businesses like PI/PPA/BHer and EFBI all had weapons that were even stronger than those that the gangs offered, (actually to clear that up, most gangs had only novelty items, before Red Dublin/Los Carteles, was there ever a real weapon that was meant to be used in seriousness) and the reason that these businesses had the upper hand was to form some sort of balance and need for the businesses.

My final point: you take away the rarity for most weapons, give gangs a rare selection of more-powerful weapons that could be purchased at the use of points, and businesses the top-of-the-line gear and you'd have a more active server; players who wouldn't spend all their time trading for weapons, but more of their time PARTICIPATING in gangs and other forms of activities to do with weapons.

============================================

Feel free to discuss weapons, every day I'll come back and post a different topic for everyone to discuss.

Next up:

Businesses

Last edited by cbk1994; 06-07-2010 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: win
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 AM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop300 View Post
OKAY.

If you must use gang-points, then have them mean something. Bring back gang weapons, but make it so that no CONSUMER weapon is equal to gang weapons, that way there is a hierarchy and players want to join gangs and COMPETE for the weapons that they offer. However, instead of having to sell them, make it so that the points can be used so that those players who have "shop-access" can purchase a weapon for X-amount of time so that players are forced to participate to reap the benefits of the points.

I really like this idea, gangs need some way to compete. The problem is that with gang gun racks coming out what guns would you offer in terms of the member himself?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 AM
*****butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhunk View Post
I really like this idea, gangs need some way to compete. The problem is that with gang gun racks coming out what guns would you offer in terms of the member himself?
Well, see the idea is that members would compete for the right to have a gun. The top 10, in theory, would be the ones that most leaders choose to present a gang weapon to. If it could be possible to rent weapons for the entire gang for a certain amount of time, then it should be that there are two different weapons per gang. Say, for Blazian Bandits, the classic BB Magnum (as an example) and then the more current G36k. For Black Holst, Black Holster (v1) and the second version. The top 10 would get the better, more effective G36k for proving their ability, and the others would get the base weapon for the gang, which would match the "novelty" idea behind the weapons of the gangs in the past. Meaning that they would be sub-par gang weapons, or about the same as consumer weapons in their own way.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
official
Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 AM
hunterhunk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, see the idea is that members would compete for the right to have a gun. The top 10, in theory, would be the ones that most leaders choose to present a gang weapon to. If it could be possible to rent weapons for the entire gang for a certain amount of time, then it should be that there are two different weapons per gang. Say, for Blazian Bandits, the classic BB Magnum (as an example) and then the more current G36k. For Black Holst, Black Holster (v1) and the second version. The top 10 would get the better, more effective G36k for proving their ability, and the others would get the base weapon for the gang, which would match the "novelty" idea behind the weapons of the gangs in the past. Meaning that they would be sub-par gang weapons, or about the same as consumer weapons in their own way.
I see what you're saying, I personally believe bringing up the idea of gang sideweapons that you can buy with points. That way players who perform can get a weapon themeselves.

Basically, a player accumulates 2,000 points over time: this could be the price to buy one of these sideweapons. They wouldn't be as good as the official gang weapon, but it's an earned weapon still.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 AM
*****butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
That is the old-boring official shet, we need moar awsm in threads kthx. it lacks blaze.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 AM
*****butt.
"Morgrim (Sun Jun 06 23:28:22 2010):
I'd be cool with giving gangs/business slightly better guns if all lame weapons were removed or nerfed a lot...right now the bar for guns is already ridicously high to where you couldnt make them even slightly better than normal weapons. When the reset hits (if ever), I hope this problem is addressed because I'd hate to see Era's guns just become unbalanced all over again after a fresh start.

Leave in the guns that look good and balance them, remove the ugly GFXed ones completely. There are plenty of guns that have horrible GFX jobs, yet are bought simply because they have crazy stats." -- Geovanni Cassini
Old 06-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
or just make all the realllllly ****ty guns like uzi and hgs and ak able to compete better with all those other awesome guns
Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
or just make all the realllllly ****ty guns like uzi and hgs and ak able to compete better with all those other awesome guns
Uzi and AK already compete.
AK was especially potent when it did 23 dmg.

I made shotguns reload 1 bullet at a time so that you could move while reloading them, it made most shotguns a lot more viable than they were before, but had little effect on the basic shotgun because it only has a 2 bullet clip anyway. I would have liked to see most shotguns get a damage bump up to around 30 base damage, but I wanted to see how much the change in reloading would affect them first.

Handguns don't have much room to grow, unless you increase the reload time on every other gun and give handguns a fast reload or something.

This all kind of ties into my vision for hotkeys, where you had a main gun and a handgun/pistol sidearm, with main guns having a long reload and handguns having a fast reload so in some cases you would be forced to use your pistol under pressure. And then a grenade/petrol bomb/concussion/smoke hotkey as well, just to add some utility to the mix.

Ideally, your walk speed wouldn't be determined by the weight of the items in your inventory, but by the weight of the items in your current hotkey "kit".

And then I wanted to add a quest for unlocking a job hotkey that you can add a drill/pick/flower basket/shovel to.

The whole thing seems like it would fit in more on a war themed server than an urban server though.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
i thought the ak47 as 23 dmg was perfect and would like to see similiar buffs like it to other guns that are lacking use because how bad they are
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
My final point: you take away the rarity for most weapons, give gangs a rare selection of more-powerful weapons that could be purchased at the use of points, and businesses the top-of-the-line gear and you'd have a more active server;
1. Points can be rigged/farmed
2. PPA guns are currently freaking awesome without costing a dime. This would cause gang leaders / pking business owners to eventually sell jobs so people get access to these guns. Also their select group of friends would be dominant. This is just stupid.

At this point the best way to get players is to give them all the same access. Let any player that wants to, try and start up a gang, they shouldn't have to be friendly with the leaders to get a rank/rights. In reality any person can start a gang with nothing if they put the time in. Make every gun craftable, seriously I'd rather go buy the parts and carve myself a Mp5 from scratch for hours than get the millions to buy one. Bring some reality into the game and stop beating around the bush with 'gang point changes' that don't improve game play at all, and only benefit a select group.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:28 PM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
1. Points can be rigged/farmed
2. PPA guns are currently freaking awesome without costing a dime. This would cause gang leaders / pking business owners to eventually sell jobs so people get access to these guns. Also their select group of friends would be dominant. This is just stupid.

At this point the best way to get players is to give them all the same access. Let any player that wants to, try and start up a gang, they shouldn't have to be friendly with the leaders to get a rank/rights. In reality any person can start a gang with nothing if they put the time in. Make every gun craftable, seriously I'd rather go buy the parts and carve myself a Mp5 from scratch for hours than get the millions to buy one. Bring some reality into the game and stop beating around the bush with 'gang point changes' that don't improve game play at all, and only benefit a select group.

The selected "group" of people that you're talking about are the PKers in gangs. THIS IS WHAT WE'RE TRYING TO IMPROVE AND INCREASE. Era should circle around PKing, and PKing should circle around gangs. Rewarding these players with guns that compete agaisnt their lame 500k gun is not a crime.

And lastly, for the nubs. I've said it before...add a third gang accessable to anybody, yeah thats right...anybody! Give every member in this gang add rights when recruited, and all a player would need is a recomendation from a random member to get in. It would be nice to see the new players involved in the best part of this game, raiding!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRedemption View Post
The selected "group" of people that you're talking about are the PKers in gangs.

And lastly, for the nubs. I've said it before...add a third gang accessable to anybody, yeah thats right...anybody!
1. 90% of gang members are in their respected gang because they're friends with someone that has rights. That's what I ment by 'selected group'.

2. That would involve giving random noobs great weapons just so they can feed you guys more points so your 'selected group' gets more bonuses. No Thanks?
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I want it back to how every member in a gang can buy the gang gun. That made raiding fun because even the worst members were better with it. Having a 5 gun limit is stupid.
Also I hate gang points.
Last, buff the deagles reload!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:29 AM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
1. 90% of gang members are in their respected gang because they're friends with someone that has rights. That's what I ment by 'selected group'.

2. That would involve giving random noobs great weapons just so they can feed you guys more points so your 'selected group' gets more bonuses. No Thanks?
Hate to break it to you bro, but that's how a game like graal works. Friends enjoy PKing with friends, so that's how gangs will be divided up. There's not going to be a monthly ****ing draft of each PKer.
Even if you're giving members who are connected to their leader guns - they still earned them for obtaining the most points/having a high rank.