Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Billy Allan
Knightmare1 can only hope to improve
Passwords

i dont like not having the options to chose a password, and if i lose the email, then im screwed. so why dont you let us choose passwords?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:50 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare1 View Post
i dont like not having the options to chose a password, and if i lose the email, then im screwed. so why dont you let us choose passwords?
They are worried people will find other people's passwords, YET THEY USE THE SAME PASSWORD FOR THE FORUMS AS GRAAL ACCOUNT.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare1 View Post
Why don't you just write it down somewhere? Too many people are not very creative with passwords, and they are easily found out.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 12-11-2007, 01:02 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Why don't you just write it down somewhere? Too many people are not very creative with passwords, and they are easily found out.
[*] Randomly generate a password

[_] Create my own password [__________________]

By creating your own password, you are at risk of your password being found out. We recommend generating one randomly.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
If it was such a secure method more sites/games would do it, they don't.
Not to mention peoples accounts are still stolen all the time.

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 12-11-2007 at 02:55 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
[*] Randomly generate a password

[_] Create my own password [__________________]

By creating your own password, you are at risk of your password being found out. We recommend generating one randomly.
Agreed. So Knightmare can't complain.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Well, you know those weak-strong password detectors on websites that tell you how strong your password is? Just put one of those in and don't let people create an account with their own password unless it says "Strong"

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 12-11-2007, 06:40 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
*brags about probably being one of the few that has a custom password*
Old 12-11-2007, 07:52 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
*brags about probably being one of the few that has a custom password*
I have one. I poked Stefan and he gave me one

I don't readily suggest doing that though: i got lucky
Old 12-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Heh, I bugged some GP years ago back on 2.xx or whatever and he set it up for me. Pity it's only on my old account that's not upgraded.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 AM
100 IFP and runnin'
Nabru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Nabru
Passwords should stay randomly generated, when people were given the option to choose their passwords they were getting stolen left and right.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 AM
There was NEVER an option to choose their own passwords, as far as I remember. I remember this because back in the day I was quite baffled at the concept of auto-generated passwords since Graal was the first I ever seen do it... and still is the only one. It could have happened while I was gone from Graal though.
I mean if brute-force is what gets all these custom passwords stolen(assuming they're just too simple), simply disallow repeated failed attempts. Otherwise it's either a really simple password that someone just happened to guess, or it's another hacking method that would still happen even to an auto-generated password.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:13 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Custom passwords won't be so bad now that you can lock your account to your computer id.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I'm fine with randomly generated password. If a site/game doesnt offer that service, I'm using a password generator to generate such a random one and use it.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Yea just write it down or something