Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 03:55 AM
quitted an addiction
Davidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up How to decrease your lag and slow performance

OK heres why some people are having problem with graal or zone or what ever: that people whom had graal installed for a Long time to completly remove it and re installfor better performance

when i mean remove i mean completly get it off your hard drive

I did this and OMG there was so much less lag

Basicly after some time graal put more and more file in ur computer secretly or not it slows down your performance

So people who just plays zone or couple of servers should do this
It will take some time to re download the imagery and effects put after wards it will be incredebly faster

again i did this myself and it did work for me...but i donty know if it will work for you
Old 02-12-2007, 03:02 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Ok man...

I've had the same Graal folder from 2004, (with some 2001 in it) totalling over 100,000 files (1.24GB). The only reason I get any kind of performance related problem is because of Stefan's update (he ignored me when I made a thread about it).

What people should do is...

Set their desktop colors to 16-bit rather than 32-bit.
Defrag their hard drives.
Possibly click "Use Minimum of Resources" under options.
Use Bitmap Fonts.

Also, Graal puts graphic files on your computer so it doesn't have to download them everytime you enter a level. It's actually faster to already have them...
Old 02-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd
Basicly after some time graal put more and more file in ur computer secretly or not it slows down your performance
It depends on hwo much information you have on your drive already. My primary drive is usually close to empty, save for game and program files, and is 250 GB. Everything else is stored on my secondary drive, which is a 500 GB SATA. So, I usually never experience any long seek times unless I have a lot installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono
Set their desktop colors to 16-bit rather than 32-bit.
Defrag their hard drives.
Possibly click "Use Minimum of Resources" under options.
Use Bitmap Fonts.
You should try out some features of Advanced System Optimizer sometime.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Windows can be quite slow when you have a lot of files on your hard drive, but most of the time it is only slowing down when the graphics are loaded, so after a few seconds of playing it should be ok.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:27 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Also not running Winamp while playing Graal helps.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Also turning off unused, memory hogging processes...not running memory leak-ville MSN Messenger in the background, and lastly, Don't use a fail of a processor.
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
The only time I get lagginess on Graal is when I have Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering still up. For some reason, that makes Graal run really slow when windowed. If I turn it off, though, it runs smooth. Occasionally my hall has network issues, but that's a rarity.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:43 PM
That never happened...
colin012 is on a distinguished road
uhhh ya this is only a problem for me what theirs to manny people on grall and thats a server problem not my computers. I have a super hard drive and a backup. all in all my computer has over 1 mill files and still runs smooth and isn't close to full. When deframenting less than a tenth is ocupied. I can run aim msn yahoo broser and windos media player and still no lag. It's the next best thing from alienware.
Good lord it looks potent...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 PM
quitted an addiction
i just recumemded it cause some old files that might not be in use would cause ur graal to slow down a bit or alot (depending on computer status) so the easiest way is to delete or wipe all graal related files and re-download it...
Old 02-16-2007, 12:34 AM
quitted an addiction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Windows can be quite slow when you have a lot of files on your hard drive, but most of the time it is only slowing down when the graphics are loaded, so after a few seconds of playing it should be ok.
then how come after 30 minutes i still lag alot with a 10Mb/s and my hardrive is not evean half full -_-
Old 02-16-2007, 01:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
then how come after 30 minutes i still lag alot with a 10Mb/s and my hardrive is not evean half full -_-
whats your computer specs?
Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 PM
quitted an addiction
come again?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:36 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
reviving this thread becuz i actually found some of this useful and others might do the same so you can flame we all you want but this is a good thread that should be in the INFO section

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 03-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned
SayianOozaru is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SayianOozaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreanin
Advanced System Optimizer
Where's that at? something you have to download, or is it already in the computer?

And what would I do to make less lag? :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd
I have a 49,333 Kbs connection, and I have to shoot infront of someone to hit them. When I lived with my mom and had Comcast High Speed (not sure what the connection is), I would only get minor lag, and it wouldn't be constant, it would be in spikes every like 20 minutes. So you shouldn't be lagging with that connection at all unless other programs are open.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
quitted an addiction
its in some new computers in control panel u can move the files in order so u computer havves to do less work thous creating less lag