Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 04:37 AM
-----
darksage15 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Class "perks"

I was thinking, each class should have its own advantages to make it better over other classes. People only want to be commando because it's fast, other classes should have their own advantages so they're not just slow classes with lots of guns (which aren't nearly as good as commando guns anyways).

Marine: Each weapon in the Marine class (excluding gold weapons) are increased by 5 power, but the class remains fairly slow (or maybe slowed down a bit).

Defender: When you are near a base (not the enemy base, just one of your teams bases) the power of each weapon (again excluding gold weapons) is increased by 10 (maybe less?). Then they can "defend" like they're supposed to.

Grenadier: This class has all bombs should have all belt weapons, and when you enter the map you automatically add 10 to each bomb. Also, they can throw the projectiles a bit further (2x further?) and have less freezetime when throwing it, and prox detector is always without it taking up the "S" or "D" key.

Sapper: Haven't thought of yet, suggestions please xD

Medic: You are able to carry 10 medkits instead of 5, but it'd have to be coded to that people can't choose medic, buy 10 medkits, then choose a different class. I need 1 more thing for this class though :P

Lightinfantry: Freezetime is decreased by a certain amount(half?) with all guns except gold guns, and power of each weapon is increased by 2 except, you guessed it, gold weapons.

Heavyinfantry: Haven't thought of yet, Heavyinfantry seems kinda fine the way it is. I was thinking about increasing power of weapons, but already thought of that in other classes.

Commando: Should not have perks since it's already fast.

These are just thoughts, tell me what you guys think + please add to it.

Hopefully, this will equal out other classes so not everyone wants and uses commando.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Nobody can beat us.
RevolutionJS is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to RevolutionJS
I think that this only might work if it is blanced out Very good.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
-----
Oh yeah I forgot, maybe this could only be for Iricia/KOTH so it won't change overall gameplay of Zone.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
why koth?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
I disagree this will result in overpowered weapons like enhancerpuslar and DH18 becoming even more overpowered. Sadly this would only be good if it was applied to weaker guns.
I like the grenadier one though.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:01 AM
-----
Yeah but Mini, that'd be only if you're near a base with defender. If you're base laming it won't be 35 power.

But yeah, I see what you're saying, it'd have to moderated with some weapons xD
Old 04-25-2009, 05:32 AM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
No "class" perks, but rather giving those so called "achievements" a meaning.

You can figure the rest out for it.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 AM
-----
You mean the badge things?
Old 04-26-2009, 12:58 AM
God of Death and Wealth
Polcher is on a distinguished road
Umm why don't you add bonus on the class name...hello? US Marine are pretty fast storming beaches....and sapper should have like a charge that they set than it replaces the "S' key with a remote when hit BOOM
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Remote mines
Massive Lame.
I'd be like proxies but you'd need to concentrate and remember where you placed the mines.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:30 AM
-----
Maybe if you have certain badges or accomplishments or whatever they're called, you can get these upgrades. That way you can accomplish something on Zone other than just killing people...
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksage15 View Post
Grenadier: This class has all bombs should have all belt weapons, and when you enter the map you automatically add 10 to each bomb. Also, they can throw the projectiles a bit further (2x further?) and have less freezetime when throwing it, and prox detector is always without it taking up the "S" or "D" key.
Getting free bombs every time you enter a map can be abused quite easily. People would spend all day going back and forth from the dropship to Iricia and back. Obviously, this can be countered, but it would be easier if it was not included at all.

However, I like the idea of having increased weapon range, as grenades are generally meant to be thrown far away, to clear a fortified position such as a trench or bunker, and not to injure the user. Not to mention, grenades are currently thrown with rapid, unusual speed and explode on immediate impact.

For mine detecting, I like the idea of having a detector always up, but I think that it should be balanced so that the detector does need to take up a "D" or "S" slot, but it shouldn't have to be actively equiped for its effect. Grenades only take up one equip slot anyway, so it shouldn't effect the class too much.

As for classes that have enhanced damage, this should only be enhanced by a percent, not a fixed amount. I do like the idea of some classes doing more damage in certain scenarios, such as the defender's case.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Darksage's original post and last one actually gave me an idea. The class perks should be something you build on based off of your merits with the class (be it kills, badges, etc haven't thought it out yet). You'd start with a small perk and the more you play the class the bigger this bonus will be. For example (using your original idea) defenders would start off with, say, +2 bonus damage when near a friendly base. Once fully "leveled" you'd have something like +10 bonus damage when near a friendly base.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:39 AM
-----
At Crono's idea:

Yeah that sounds really good actually, maybe you have to earn them fully instead of just automatically getting it.

Also Mino, at your grenades being abused thing... Maybe after you die or leave the map, you get 10 grenades subtracted and if you have less than 10 it just goes to 0. That way people can't abuse it.
Also I like your percent ideas instead of a fixed amount.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
yes lets turn this into call of duty