Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Twilikari is on a distinguished road
iPhone classic - Originality

I'm begining to think that much of Classic iPhone's ideas aren't original. To be honest, the only original thing I've seen are graphics (Player and staff made) and the guild forts. Just last night, i was playing on UN, when I noticed an iPhone LAT was online. I figured that it was strange, so I went to investigate.
they were in the PK Center, just inthe water. I thought nothing o fit at the time, it seemed normal today. Until today, with the release of the Classic iPhone PK Arena. Now i'm wondering- what else from classic iPhone isn't entirely original? Anyone have a clue? I have a picture of the LAT in the UN PK Arena if anyone wants to see it ...

~~
Old 12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
GFX
DemonSpawnn will become famous soon enough
Uhm, just about everything?

O, accept the idea of no substance, that was their original idea.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:20 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
It's the first server released on an iPhone platform, that's pretty original.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
So you have tonnes of ripped random NPCs, chat commands, hats and other types of player graphics plus the general tiling style from Unholy Nation, pets and a guild setup which I believe is from Zodiac, Npulse's chat bubble display, a tileset which is a mix of pics1.png + Graal New World + Dusty's free tiles because Stefan didn't want people saying that Graal is a Zelda ripoff, mine cart from 2k1 if I'm not mistaken.....
why does it have to be called Classic again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
It's the first server released on an iPhone platform, that's pretty original.
Then why not just call it "Graal Original iPhone"?
Can't really argue with that.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
So you have tonnes of ripped random NPCs, chat commands, hats and other types of player graphics plus the general tiling style from Unholy Nation, pets and a guild setup which I believe is from Zodiac, Npulse's chat bubble display, a tileset which is a mix of pics1.png + Graal New World + Dusty's free tiles because Stefan didn't want people saying that Graal is a Zelda ripoff, mine cart from 2k1 if I'm not mistaken.....
why does it have to be called Classic again?

Then why not just call it "Graal Original iPhone"?
Can't really argue with that.
Me and Thor have been talking about this a bit...
Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
I should have just asked you in the first place Thor XD
And actually, there arn't even literall pets, just transformations, which I've seen everywhere. I was just making sure though. Now I'm kinda hoping this doesn't turn into a spam of "Classic iPhone sucks"
Old 12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilikari View Post
I should have just asked you in the first place Thor XD
And actually, there arn't even literall pets, just transformations, which I've seen everywhere. I was just making sure though. Now I'm kinda hoping this doesn't turn into a spam of "Classic iPhone sucks"
To be fair "Morphs" are actually something consistent with Classic, it's just that the implementation of them is mostly done in a completely different style, while I wouldn't have expected the server to ever significantly revolve around Questing I wouldn't have expected it to revolve to such a large extent around shop items either.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Most people are angry about the quests(Or lack there-of). i'm perfectly fine with none, but there was a promise of SOME quests, and the only quest so far is one when you wander through a forest to gain a transformation...
Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned
Quote:
Most people are angry about the quests(Or lack there-of). i'm perfectly fine with none, but there was a promise of SOME quests, and the only quest so far is one when you wander through a forest to gain a transformation...
The Rat Form happens to be one of the extremely rare exceptions in that it is on similar lines to Classic, albeit very basic.
While it served a different purpose that very same tree maze existed in the past, the Rat Form was also obtained in a similar tree maze on Nimda Island, big differences being that you had to obtain a map in order to reveal the correct path (inwhich there were actually 3 different alternative objectives a path existed for including an entirely separate Quest), there were leaf soldier baddies spawning within each level and you had to fight a boss.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 PM
So iPhone kinda holds true to it's name there I suppose. Anddd you just blew my mind. There is a rumor on iPhone about "Admin Island" but people call it "Nimda" (Admin Backwards)

It kinda tickles me that there really is a Nimda Island XD
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 PM
Me.
Quote:
So iPhone kinda holds true to it's name there I suppose. Anddd you just blew my mind. There is a rumor on iPhone about "Admin Island" but people call it "Nimda" (Admin Backwards)

It kinda tickles me that there really is a Nimda Island XD
Did you notice the river is called, "Nafets river"?
Spell it backwards. Not the river part.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:52 PM
I know
Old 12-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Me.
And look at snowtown.
Everyone can see that snowtown backwards spells Xor.
Duh.
XD
Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
I heard there was a new town coming out called Nakttam. I wonder where they got inspiration for that name?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I heard there was a new town coming out called Nakttam. I wonder where they got inspiration for that name?
Did anyone notice that town off to the side?
Learza and Yllebylle town?
Closed Thread