Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
MSVCR80.dll

I got on a different computer and tried to DL graal4, I went to website, downloaded graal4 installer, and I get this, please tell me how I Can fix this?

Old 05-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Please read previous "bug" reports before posting a new one, since it is not even Graal-related:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=65416
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Tári o Taurë
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
you could try downloading it here

Looks like it goes into your windows/system32 folder
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl....shtml?msvcr80

Technically that is graal related as its the graal installer failing to run properly on install.

**I've allready checked my harddrives twice for that file
I have not been able to locate it anywheres. That means your Graal installer is looking for a non existant file. I have graal installed allready and its been installed for months now. Unless of course its a corrupted download.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Ok, that's over with now I get this...
Old 05-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn_Spirit
Technically that is graal related as its the graal installer failing to run properly on install.
It's more like running Graal without hard drive, like I said previously Graal cannot fix a messed up Windows installation. It doesn't use those dlls, those dlls are used by bugged Windows components.

Just copying one dll will not help, you will need to install/reinstall/uninstall the programs which messed up the system. Some people said it's helping to install/reinstall .NET. Several people said its connected to "Windows Defender" which might need to be reinstalled, but I am not sure if you use that program.

The exact problem seems to be that the versions of MSVCR80.dll and MSVCP80.dll are not matching (from different .NET versions) and are causing errors when Graal accesses the registry to know the previous Graal installation path. Some .NET program probably 'hooked' the registry functions to know when someone is reading or writing to the registry but is not correctly doing that.

Last edited by Admins; 05-11-2006 at 02:19 PM..
Old 05-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Reinstallnig the .Net Framework should fix your errors, I believe. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-aab15c5e04f5

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
Reinstallnig the .Net Framework should fix your errors, I believe. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-aab15c5e04f5

Didn't help still get that second error...
Old 05-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Graal Administration
Ok verified it, tons of other games have the same problem:
Uninstall or reinstall Windows Defender / Microsoft Defender.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
AHH Thank you very much Stefan....It's fixed now...
Old 06-18-2006, 04:31 PM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
hey

i reinstalled windows defender.. didn't work. i uninstalled it .. it worked. now i ain't got a good antispyware remover.. X.x

if i cannot get that could someone at least recommend a good spyware / virus remover to make up for windows defender loss?

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 06-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Graal Administration
First you could use Firefox or Opera to get less spyware on your computer. There are several tools for removing spyware and similar stuff, like xpy, Spybot, Ad-Aware.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Spybot S&D is a pretty decent spyware removal program.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")