Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2002, 09:02 AM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
Legend's Chronicles: Storyline

i write like a million storylines a day. all of them are crap, crap, and well... crap. i'd like to share this one with whomever wants to take a look at it. this may be used in the creation of my ongoing playerworld project... Legend's Chronicles! (formerly known as Rhune: Lost Kingdoms)

my aim is "entakt," and "kasuagi." so yeah, shout at me if you have some ideas you wanna spit at me. thanks for taking a peek!!!!

old pw site: http://rhunelk.cjb.net/

- - - - -

"You have been brought here against your own free will, stranger. This voice you hear, it will guide you into the abyss, be not afraid though. I have seen all, endured a myriad of thoughts, my trust is your trust. The Goddess' last request, must be fufilled... do not defy your fate, children of our Emya!

For I shall explain 'All'..."

This is the destined, mystical land. The lush world of the forgotten Omagia. It all began in the dawn of swords, dragons, and magic; all that was known as the Middle Ages. In this time came to be known as a dark era, in which the only way to survive was to learn the ways of trade, kill, or be killed by those who hunt the weak. Most beings of Omagia, are committed to protecting their home kingdom's territory from enemies and vigilante groups. In return, the Kings and Queens of Omagia will offer protection and discounted tax fees for those serving in the kingdom's Guard. However, citizens and peasants will be forced to pay the full fee for living inside the kingdom. Only citizens are allowed after nightfall, for this is when the most sinister beasts show their faces. If one doesn't wish to show allegiance or pay taxes, then they can become a mercenary or loner, but it's a hard life and most won't be able to survive the harsh lands outside city walls. This is an important decision that everybody in Omagia must eventually confront. Now, let me tell you a story...

Omagia was a planet of peace. It flourished with mana, the essence of magic. There were very few times when one kingdom would declare war upon another region or town. In any case, proper actions must be taken and defensive measures are surely important in times of war, fierce battles, or when any other forces attack a King's estate, such as a small village or establishment. During this age, peace was abundant and the leaders of each region were negotionable when conflict was in the air. The elves of Ibahln taught the humans of Arxuous how to manipulate mana, giving the humans the ability to use the many powers of destructive magic. Even the gnomes of Paloraga came out of their underground homes to trade their secret weapon-making techniques with the wild animals of Wunoii Isle. In return, the once weaponless critters shared their famous recipes with the gnomes, who could now conjure a feast of tremendous proportions for every species of Omagia to enjoy! At the same exact moment, the ignorant orc creatures of the barren Blaak Roc were planning a hostile takeover with the Evaloch goblins. The leaders of each kingdom were to attend the great feast, everybody was invited as well. The banquest would be an honorable and historical event as each leader of his or her region would sign a peace treaty to never wage war again. The Gods and Guardians of Omagia were present as well, to act as witnesses of the noble event. The powerful beings rarely came down from their pillar in the sky, the city of Lortyha. Soon, all of the leaders of their righful regions were present; leaders of the humans, elves, gnomes, goblins, orcs, dwarves, balaces, animals, and other beings of Omagia.

During the middle of the God Yagmo's divine speech, the leader of the goblins rised to speak. Then a couple of orcs walked behind Togon, carrying a large and beautiful chest of some sort. The group of orcs fell back, and Yagmo looked on, confused but curious to what was taking place before his eyes. Treachery had never crossed any of the other leader's minds. Inside of the magical chest were strange objects that glowed of an aura that lured even the most divine beings. It was artifacts, relics, and other mysterious objects that were to be gifts and offerings of friendship. The items were divided among the group of leaders. These artifacts included; Black Ruby, Dragon's Fang, Broken Blade, Book of Lore, Giga Gauntlets, Mermaid's Tear, Djinn Mirror, and Razra's Orb. The artifacts were cherished by each kingdom and hidden in the depths of great dungeons, hidden from prying eyes and thieves. Time passed, soon the eight artifacts became known throughout the world as legendary relics that were passed onto only royalty, royalty that came from birth. As for the treaty, it was signed by each leader and peace was established for over 160 years, thereafter. The prevailing peace, however, would end soon. Very soon.

One summer's day, a great quake ripped through the lands. Much destruction was caused, no one had ever encountered magic of this magnitude. It baffled the leaders, a meeting would be held. At the same time, the "Legendary Artifacts" began glowing, emitting the same aura that lit the room in the gnome caverns of Paloraga, exactly over 800 years ago, the birthplace of the peace treaty. The artifacts were brought together, guarded by only the finest knights and warriors. Then even more disasters began to unfold, violent storms, disease and famine. There the eight relics lay, as did eight terrible omens.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:03 AM
Proletariat
[continued from first post, damn size limitations!]

Unaware of the conflict that had been conjured, the leaders looked upon the Gods of Omagia for advice. Yagmo, husband of the deceased Goddess, asked the Kings, Queens, and other leaders of the world to prepare themselves for a great battle between good and evil. Indeed, the great "balance" created by the Goddess, had been destroyed, somehow. Meanwhile, a few dwarves stumbled upon an ancient library in an underground cavern. It was the threshold of Togon, a secret chamber with scrolls, texts, and books of much writing. This being, Togon the goblin, had devoted his entire life to researching the fabled myth of a strange woman, who eventually became the Goddess of Omagia. The King's best scholars and wizards searched the area thouroughly, then they found the "Tome of Creation," a story depicting the divine acts of a lost fairy tale. Very little was known of the Goddess, until this ancient book was discovered. This is what Omagia learned of, thereafter:

The Goddess was actually an alien lifeform sent here long ago from its home planet, which still remains unknown. The alien vessel crashed somewhere on this planet and in this collission, she managed to injure her head severely. The alien had tremendous powers, as somebody did find her eventually inside that very pod, unconcious of course. This man was known as Yagmo, a lonely farmer who lived outside of a great castle. The alien awoke inside the farmer's small hut, wearing only a shiny pendant with essential knowledge of these lands. However, she couldn't remember why she was here, yet knew she had something to complete. The beautiful lady's name was Emya and she chose to take on the shape of fit woman, Yagmo and her wedded soon after they met. The alien's fearsome magic made her famous and successful. The King of Arxuos wanted to enslave her, making her a weapon of his own free will. This is when she first used her inner-powers, the entire kingdom was destroyed in a single instance. This power was phenominal, Yagmo had been gone a scourting trip with his friends. When he came back to hear the news, the future God would fully understand the concept of her arrival. Instead of returning to her normal state of being, Emya decided to preserve Omagia and placed herself as supreme ruler of the world. This scared the kingdoms and fear was instilled into their very hearts. Every now and then, Yagmo would notice her mood swings. The God was unhappy with his life now, Emya was not the woman he fell in love with. One day, the Goddess confronted Yagmo with the question of concieving children. At last, a superior race of humans known as Gods were created. Days later, the Goddess became more irritated with the people's ways. They did not believe in her, their faith was questionnable. The mood swings had became more serious, she would often destroy things out of spite. Emya knew what was happening to herself and told her husband Yagmo that this was the last night they would spend together, she then left their floating island in the sky. The Goddess destroyed herself, this alien had decided to end her crossing of personalities, slipping in and out of good and evil was too much. Emya feared that she would one day kill her very own husband. The Goddess' dark half was sealed in limbo, also known as the "Shadow World." It is said that Yagmo searched all of Omagia for her, until one day he came upon her pendant, known as the "Fate Shard," an ancient alien device of unknown powers. Yagmo grasped the pendant in his hands and made his way back to Lorytha to rule over Omagia. This has been known throughout history as the "Goddess Legend."

Yagmo's children consisted of 3 boys, 3 girls, and the first child died at birth. The city of Lorytha remained haunted for a long time, loud cries could be heard throughout the night. The youngest son, Decuas Aaheim, heard some dripping one day in the dungeon. The boy followed it through the winding cooridors, leading to a maze, the boy continued to follow the ghostly boy, with much sadness on his face. Seconds later, loud noises came raining down from the upper levels of the castle. It sounded like a battle of some sort, Decuas climbed down the ladder and entered the underground caverns of Lorytha. The two children fled through a magic gate, that disappeared behind them. Omagia, the planet below the falling Lorytha was in complete chaos, as there was no rule. The floating island of Lorytha fell from the sky, landing somewhere in the sea. There were no longer any Gods, Goddesses, or rulers to watch over the passing planet. As for the "Fate Shard," it was never heard of again. Year after year, Decuas and the deaf ghost travelled the lands. At the tender age of 13, Decuas named his friend Amgan after his deceased father. Little did the child know, he was the actual ruler of Omagia. While hunting for food, Decuas was caught by a few archers of Wunoii's Guard. Their leader, Rorakee Maun, noticed the familiar face from somewhere. The racoon beast almost fell over in amazement, the captured human was returned to the mainlands. The King of Arxuous, Kohrm explained what had happend to young Decuas, Amgan remained by his side as well. The leaders of each kingdom met once more, discussing wether or not to give Decuas rights to Godship. It was not of Decuas' nature to be royal, he had lived in the wilderness for most of his life. Something told him that it was the right thing to do, he felt his father's voice reigning over everyone elses' chanting. It was something he had to do for his father, the past God. The new God wouldn't be called a supreme ruler or immortal being, rather the Grand Emperor. As for Amgan, he became Grand Emperor Decuas' unseen Chancellor. That was 50 years ago. And this is how the present Grand Emperor came to power, Decuas Aaheim.

Lorytha would eventually fly above the heavens, once more. Peace was beginning to resettle after Yagmo's unforgotten death but rumours began to spread like wildfire. Adventurers, folks in taverns, and other people began talking about the "Fate Shard." It became an object of everyone's desire. However, Togon was always one step ahead. The goblin was exploring the sea where Lorytha fell, further exploration would lead to a sunken part of the island. Inside of the sea caves, Togon found Yagmo's very own journal. Everything was intact, a few pages were missing but the most fascinating information was the story behind the Goddess. The demented view of the goblin led him to believe that he could resurrect the will of the Goddess' dark will, the question was how long would it take to complete this evil vision? With this information at his dispose, Togon could get revenge on Omagia. This old goblin wasn't as ignorant as the other evil dwelling creatures, he decieved the orcs and goblins into believing in his ultimate plan. Being the Goblin Prince of Evaloch gained their trust easily, as it did the other creatures. The scoundrel ordered the mindless goblins, orcs, and other monsters to search all of Omagia for "shiny stones," or as it would later be revealed, small fragments of the once complete "Fate Shard." Togon continued his quest, 10 years passed and time was running out for the aged spirit. The goblin didn't have long to live now, as he was growing weaker and weaker. That wasn't enough though, he still had one final plan. The Evaloch goblins informed him of the banquest to take place in the coming days. Now all Togon had to do was find some items and hide the shard pieces inside of them. It was perfect, no one would ever suspect it. Even if he couldn't have the "Fate Shard," he could still keep the Goddess' evil intentions alive, at least until the day of reckoning. This was found in the Evaloch Library, hidden in a secret vault, over 650 years ago.

The story ends here, but the unseen heroes' chapters remain unwritten by any destiny. The Goddess' strong will and love for Omagia has brought the most kindred spirits of the Graal dimension to this conflicted planet. Without the help of heroes, pandemonium will strike for the second time in Omagia's history. Our Goddess' inner "balance" has been broken now, the darkness and light of her soul lingers back and forth. Two awesome forces will begin the fight to control the world's fate. Even monsters, beasts, and demons are beginning to appear. Kingdoms are beginning to war again, in fear of the evil that will soon arrive. Some speculations have even led sorcerers to believe that the world's mana was being drained from the planet. There must be a way to put an end to this disarray of evil that will continue to plague these lands forever. Omagia's fate is in the hands of the chosen and a wise prophet, now.

"Believe it or not, little has changed since back then. I am Bhaucren, Prophet of Divinity, and the very writer of yes... the "Tome of Creation." I will be your eyes in this distorted world, for everything is not what it seems. There is much you must see, we haven't much time until the first omen's awakening is complete. Destiny has chosen you, the Goddess' light has led you here and requested that my wisdom guide you through Omagia. I will be here when you need me most, continue on creature, the elves of Ibahln are waiting. Death however, cannot!"
Old 10-04-2002, 10:18 AM
Legondary_MyTH is on a distinguished road
umm

no way any1 read all of that
Levels Admin on Renegade
LAT on Doomsday,Babylon,G3K
Developer on Faheria,Babylon
GP on Sanstrata,G3K
Old 10-04-2002, 10:37 AM
Banned
MattMrHat is on a distinguished road
Re: umm

Quote:
Originally posted by Legondary_MyTH
no way any1 read all of that
I was going to but then i saw how long it was.
Old 10-04-2002, 10:55 AM
Proletariat
well, i can't say i don't blame you. ;]

i should of known better! damnit.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:12 AM
Banned
MattMrHat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kuza
well, i can't say i don't blame you. ;]

i should of known better! damnit.
Just try making a small paragraph next time, see, the current playerworlds have like 4 lines describing their storyline..
Old 10-04-2002, 11:55 AM
Proletariat
Quote:
Originally posted by MattMrHat

Just try making a small paragraph next time, see, the current playerworlds have like 4 lines describing their storyline..
what? "save the world from destruction." never heard that one before.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:54 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I've read most of it... While kind of creative, it's still pretty bland. Plus there is so much unneeded information given. Also the part about the boy chasing a ghost (I think?) It didn't even say anything about the boy seeing a ghost, it says "he followed a dripping noise" and then "he followed the ghost".

Finding the fragments of some gem is like the entire plot for Inuyasha.

Overall, not bad, although I'm not too wild about "the fate of the world lies in you alone" stories for MMORPGs. It just doesn't seem believable when there is hundreds of other players trying to do the same thing you were destined to do.

Oh, and on a final note... you say Orcs are stupid, yet you talk about them organizing attacks? I couldn't really picture that part of the story.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 10-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Proletariat
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
I've read most of it... While kind of creative, it's still pretty bland. Plus there is so much unneeded information given. Also the part about the boy chasing a ghost (I think?) It didn't even say anything about the boy seeing a ghost, it says "he followed a dripping noise" and then "he followed the ghost".

Finding the fragments of some gem is like the entire plot for Inuyasha.

Overall, not bad, although I'm not too wild about "the fate of the world lies in you alone" stories for MMORPGs. It just doesn't seem believable when there is hundreds of other players trying to do the same thing you were destined to do.

Oh, and on a final note... you say Orcs are stupid, yet you talk about them organizing attacks? I couldn't really picture that part of the story.
hey! somebody read it.

the ghost is a key part of the plot. you would of found out later that it's the prophet... guess i just spoiled that part of the plot. ;\

the goddess brought different races and people from their own parallel dimensions to help this one, Omagia. some of her other "good" half was still intact, so with the last of her will she sacrificed herself to bring only the "kindred" to help restore peace. it's hard coming up with a good plotline for about 100 players. ;X

as for the orcs, you got me there. stupid error on my behalf.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:13 AM
HEALER101 is on a distinguished road
too long, lol