Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
Full Implementation of Draft System PLS

The old ability to hire gang members has kinda destroyed gangs right now.

Can we have it fully implemented on sunday? We all voted for it, the majority wanted it. We got a partial version of it.
People are just joining gangs for the gang guns, and pking off tag because half the server is in one gang.

p.s.

Attention Noobs gang.

Im hiring you guys to Wil Soul or Zyzz

By now every gang should have 2k points, but we arent because youre all ****riding one gang.

Please think of the game.

Last edited by Chorchizcool; 08-07-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Im not even going to play till sunday, there is literally ZERO raids because of a partial implementation. who ****ing does that srsly?
I never badmouth staff but apart from Ish and whoever worked on the new guns, you guys did a real shitty job this week.

You picked NAS? and DOOM as gang leaders? You didnt remove the ability to join a gang? So basically you had no idea what the **** you were doing

or

" we were just testing the actual draft system out" yeah well you did bad job of it since the IDEA BEHIND IT IS

GET DRAFTED TO A GANG
STAY IN THE GANG FOR A WEEK OR LEAVE
NOT FREELY ALLOW YOU TO JOIN W/E GANG U WANT

srsly, tim, seth, whoevers idea behind leaving the add members ability, you should be ashamed. The lack of common sense in some of the decisions yall made is hilarious.

How are we supposed to put our trust in the people who are supposed to make the game better for us when you cant even get one simple ****ing thing right? Seriously. Like if I had customer service number to call, Id be ****ing *****ing all of you out to your manager.

But i dont, there isnt, The PR team is ****ing useless, the gang admin is inactive as **** and for some reason still admin and Tim hasnt been in a gang in 5 ****ing years.

Use your brains next time.

Last edited by Chorchizcool; 08-07-2014 at 02:43 PM.. Reason: shitting on staff some more
Old 08-07-2014, 05:36 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
No idea what the gangs are doing rn.

The draft block should be available for a entire week to get enough signups, and the draft should be set in stone for the week after.. players can't join other gangs or be removed without proper reasoning.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaman771 View Post
no idea what the gangs are doing rn.

The draft block should be available for a entire week to get enough signups, and the draft should be set in stone for the week after.. Players can't join other gangs or be removed without proper reasoning.
this please
Old 08-08-2014, 01:20 AM
TheLinkMan2002 will become famous soon enough
If you actually learned to read tim himself said that he would leave gangs to their own devices for a week until there was enough draft signups, at which time the draft actually begins.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:07 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Sadly there were some bugs that occurred which forced me to half-implement the draft system for this week. I've resolved the bugs and we're ready to proceed with the draft system for this Sunday. I've got a decent amount of draft sign-ups for this Sunday (105 players). Once fully implemented, gang members will not be allowed to leave their gang, or join a gang until the following week (you'll be able to join Era Police if you weren't involved in the draft on Sunday).

Tomorrow I am doing a few changes to how the draft system operates. Meaning, automatically, the draft system would choose the new captains for the following week on Saturdays (captains won't be able to choose their gang name/gun until Sunday). If a captain is not active on Sunday, he/she will lose their spot to another player. On Sunday, the draft system would become active after gang events (typically at a set-time/manual intervention). Once the draft system is active, it will automatically delete all four gangs and remove every player associated with those gangs. This will allow captains to choose their gang name/gun and begin recruiting players.

An idea I had earlier this week for Era Police: Every Wednesday the gang with the lowest points will be demoted to Era Police. This will allow anyone that hasn't been drafted into a gang to join Era Police. The gang gun that has been chosen will be transfered as well.

As always, the captain with the highest gang points on Saturday will remain a captain for the following week.

I can have these changes implemented tomorrow for Saturday & Sunday. Hopefully this clears up a few things.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:35 AM
Thanks Tim!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:28 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Okay, so I managed to get a lot of my ideas implemented. Just a mental note for myself tomorrow; I need to make sure captains can't submit their gang name/gun until Sunday.

Aside from that, on Saturday, captains will picked. To become a captain you must be signed up for the draft for the following week. You don't need to be online for this process, but you do on Sunday or else you'll be replaced by the next best player (depends on weekly points).

On Sunday, after gang events, players will be able to set up their gang name and choose their gang gun (note: gang guns are in lockers in every base). After a short amount of time (when captains are all ready and names are picked) the drafting process will begin. Each captain will have a minute to choose who they'll recruit. The entire process is pretty quick as long as every captain is focused. For whatever reason, if a captain is disconnected/goes idle, the drafting process will continue. If the timer goes to zero, the captain will be issued a random draft pick. If for whatever reason every captain goes offline (server issues) the drafting process will automatically pause and continue when 3/4th's of the captains return.

As mentioned before, every Wednesday the gang with the lowest amount of points will become Era Police.

This is now in effect as of this Saturday and Sunday. The draft system does operate autonomously and is set up for manually intervention in case of problems.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:55 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
As mentioned before, every Wednesday the gang with the lowest amount of points will become Era Police.
Just a side note, but Era Police can't win the week can they? As-in that leader being the top one/advancing.

It could be an easy strategy to sit out a group of friends from the draft, then just idle for the first half of the week (usually raiding doesn't pick up majorly until thursday>sunday when people have less work/school stuff to do)... and completely dominate raids/points/events after a slew of people join. You could even ride just a dozen points below the rest of the gangs if you plan it well enough.

It's also an enabling point for boosting points/disrupting gangs, and there's a bunch of codes associated with EP you'll have to find and disable.. I just had Alf add one the other day.

Overall I don't really like the idea, one of the goals of the draft was to get everyone in on the process, even noobs. And also to keep the gangs static/even... this would unbalance it if there are too many late joiners. And judging/marking a gang after just 3 days (low raid early-weekdays) is kinda silly.

It would either be a point to enable abuse, or even completely discourage a gang from participating (these players I didn't choose are now in my gang, it isn't the name/gang I wanted, etc.)
-----

I also think it would be better if the winner/captains were decided essentially when the draft itself begins. Sunday is one of the biggest raiding/activity days. Everyone is usually online for gang events/auctions/other events; plus the events themselves give large amounts of points and are sometimes the deciding factor. Ending it on Saturday kind-of limits the action, and makes Sunday a waste day since events don't end till night-time.

Either that, or the events get moved to Saturday and Sunday becomes all about the draft/other events (it could then be put on an automatic start/time). I dunno, but Saturday night>Sunday night is usually the most active time on Era.

Last edited by Supaman771; 08-08-2014 at 05:14 AM..
Old 08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
a true gentlemen
The way I've got it set up makes it easy to disable/enable features with one line changes. Meaning the day/time can easily be changed and I'm open to suggestions. Also, the Era Police idea was just a thought I wanted to try. It doesn't actually have to be used.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
The way I've got it set up makes it easy to disable/enable features with one line changes. Meaning the day/time can easily be changed and I'm open to suggestions. Also, the Era Police idea was just a thought I wanted to try. It doesn't actually have to be used.
I usually just think of things the way I'd go about them. But to be fair I doubt many people on Era would be smart enough to do something like what I described.

I'd like it better if Gang Events got moved to Saturday which gave a whole day highlighting the Draft and Auctions and Other Events, rather than mushing it all together... cause doing the Draft after gang-events can be as late as midnight for Europeans, and most people work/school on Monday.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
a true gentlemen
The whole schedule is very confusing and the hosted times for gang events varries every week. If you can come up with a decent time frame we can build around it. I'd hate to have the draft system interrupt a gang event.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:06 PM
+1 rogue

I would love to see gang events moved to saturday. I'll even help host them and the events I listed in the Sunday timeframe.

To give people in the UK and US optimal Time Zones, Id like to see

Saturday 3:30 PM US EST (GMT -4, 15:30) Simulation Raid
4:00 PM US EST Gang Events Start
7:00 PM US EST Gang Events End
11:59 PM US EST Gangs Disbanded

Allowing all of Sunday to be dedicated to Auctions, 1v1 Spar Tourney, 2v2 Spar Tourney and a weekly Sunday EVENT BONANZA, with events non stop for the entirety of the day.

The Draft could run alongside these events giving it a full day to clear out.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:12 PM
a true gentlemen
I'd prefer gang events on Saturdays too. So how about this, we still choose captains on Saturdays, but we'll do it after gang events. Giving everyone a chance to build points up to be potentially chosen. Then on Sunday allow captains to choose their gang name/gun on Sunday. From here once every captain is ready we can begin the drafting process.

Unless you guys want this all to happen in the same night?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
What do you mean by the lowest gang will become Era Police? Like you talk to police officer at unstick to join the now-NPC-led gang which would be whichever gang was the lowest?

(I assume you would just make the NPC at unstick have the appearance of the lowest gang's leader.)