Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Dynamic Shop Prices

I was trying to think of a way for shops to be more dynamic, since the only thing that really changes about them is the number of guns in stock (and even then, it's pretty stagnant). So, this is what I came up with:

*If you don't want to read the whole thing, basically I just explain how a system to change the shop prices daily would work.
(and there's a spreadsheet at the bottom to look at.)

Shop prices vary +-1-5% (plus or minus one to five percent) every day at 12 servertime.

50% chance for +1-5%; 50% chance for -1-5%

Every time a gun is bought from the shop, +1% chance for +
Every time a gun is sold back, +1% chance for -

(As an example, Someone buys an FN2k from Fort Knox; there is now a 49% chance for +1-5%, and 51% chance for -1-5%)

Each time a gun is sold back to the shop, 1 of that type of gun is restocked.
(this doesn't have MUCH of an effect on the price, but It never made sense to me that those guns should disappear.)

Sellback value is equal to 75% of the current shop price
(as it is now, sellback values range from single-digit percents to in the 80% range)

The STARTING percent chances would be as follows, but would change over time:

30% chance for +-1%
25% chance for +-2%
20% chance for +-3%
15% chance for +-4%
10% chance for +-5%

Each time a +-x% is chosen, -1% chance for the +-x% and +0.25% chance for the other 4 x%s.

(As an example, let's say +-1% is chosen 3 times in a row. it would then have a 27% chance of being chosen, whereas +-2% would have a 25.75% chance, +-3% would have a 20.75% chance, +-4% would have a 15.75% chance, and +-5% would have a 10.75% chance; all still adding up to 100%)

This has a balancing effect in the long run, but in the first few weeks, 1% should remain dominant, leaving the prices to remain generally the same on a day-to-day basis, and leaves room for the market effects to kick in later.

I made a spreadsheet to illustrate this system which shows how a 100k gun would change prices each day for a month. The price ranges from 107% of the original price to 95% of the original price, but if that degree of variation is too little or too great, the numbers can easily be changed to increase or decrease the effect.

The link to the Spreadsheet on Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mRUVlpqVkk4dlE

Last edited by Fiberwyre_P2P; 11-16-2011 at 08:58 PM..
Old 11-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Era Iphone PlayerRelation
DDynasty is on a distinguished road
Wheres the ”like” button.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Do you think this would help anything at all? It's all well-thought out, but, hmm

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Wouldn't you need to cap it at 5% and -5% though? Otherwise, the prices could get pretty ridiculous.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
this isnt rly a problem, the way u earn money on era (all boring as hell) is the real problem which has always limited era..there r more ppl playing zod which is terribly made cuz ppl can use their spells and wands and sword bull**** to kill **** to gain xp...they dont have to pick fkn flowers or go dig on the beach
Old 11-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
and who the **** mines in the 21st century???
Old 11-17-2011, 08:45 PM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
Quote:
and who the **** mines in the 21st century???
Jade.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Era since 2005
mining has always been a job for women!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Do you think this would help anything at all? It's all well-thought out, but, hmm
Well I'm not sure how much it would help, but how much do radio stations help? XD

I think at the very least it would change it up a little.

It also introduces a new mechanic into merchanting, besides the standard buy just above the sellback, and sell at normal price or even higher.

at +-5% being the max it can go per day, it's not a game changer, meaning you can't buy a gun at a low point, and sell it back to the shop in a few days or a week and expect to make profit.

Just like the spreadsheet illustrated, even at the high point of 124k (24k above original price), the sellback of 93k is still lower than the lowest price of 96k, so there's no way to make money purely by watching the shop prices. However, if it was at +-10%, that could be a possibility

There's still added profit opportunity in merchanting to players, though.
like this:

>Buy a 100k gun at 96k from the shop
> Price goes up to 120k in a week
> sell to a player for 110k
> ?????
> Profit.

Also, I think that maybe if this ever did happen, it would be nice to see the gun's shop price and sellback value in the inventory window under the gun's stats.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Well I'm not sure how much it would help, but how much do radio stations help? XD
I think that was an independent project by repo and Zeus. But also, valid point, and also, idk I've never used it yet.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.