Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
Exclamation Just an idea: Relogging

I just came up with this idea... It seems interesting to me, but I don't know if you guys are going to like it.

Since relogging caused alot of trouble on Zone, I tough that, maybe on certain maps, if you relog, it cost you a death, including the lost of your bounty and spar rate.

This idea came up when I looked at bounty's statistic board. I don't beleive these top players didn't relog or Idle when only a few players where on the map.

SITUATION: You spar *unknown* and he has 2400 spar rate, 321 bounty. And you know he dosen't deserve that rate since you own him, and can't get over 2200 spar rate. You flawl him to 21 hp then he relogs. This is really cheap since he keeped his rate when he dosn't deserve it and alot of players are doing this.

Since this is Zone Rules, we need to fix a system on this.

So what you think about it?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Bleh.
darksidekiller is on a distinguished road
Personnaly, I don't really like your idea! It's true that there is a problem of relogging. I don't think you should loose bounty and spar rate! If you want to relogg only to reset your stats, you're going to loose some! In another way, I like the idea that it cost you a death! When you relogg, most of the time people do it to save themselfs from a death!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:16 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
if they re-log, just leave them in-game..besides Events.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Collige, virgo, rosas
RosesLove will become famous soon enough
I'm not a fan of the idea that you'll lose rate if you reconnect. I don't play zone to know if it's a big problem or what, but how about those people who have bad connections?

It's unfortunate for those who get cheated out of rate, but isn't that what staff are for?
The people who do that will eventually build up a reputation for it anyway, just don't spar them..
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Bleh.
darksidekiller is on a distinguished road
Yea, nice one RosesLove! =P
Old 07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
What if I log out and log back in 5 minutes later? Will I still lose my bounty?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 AM
luffy620 is on a distinguished road
this idea is too conflicted.

SITUATION: Say *unknown* is trying really hard to get 2400 spar rating, he gets to 2300's. A player walks into the spar room, and at the very same time, he is called away from the computer by his mother to do a chore, and has to log immediately. He logs out to save his spar rate, and comes back an hour later to resume his quest for fame and glory.

Are you saying just because some people have found a way to get around the system, we should ruin it for the honest man who worked hard for that spar rating or bounty? Sure not everyone of the scoreboards have used fair methods to get there, but they got up there, and too spend that much time and effort to even get there unfairly, is a feat worthy of that spot.

Don't spend your time complaining about the cheater, but work hard to one up him using your own skill and honest play.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:46 PM
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
What if I log out and log back in 5 minutes later? Will I still lose my bounty?
This shall be only on certain maps. The reason I made this idea, was because I know some people on spar board that shouldn't be there, since they just relog while they get owned <.<. I won't say any names.

Luffy:
Quote:
Don't spend your time complaining about the cheater, but work hard to one up him using your own skill and honest play.
I use my skills to own them but don't get any EXP and Spar rate cause they relog.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Solution: Make exiting spars easier (i.e whenever theres NOT a spar going on let the ****ing player leave already, that thing annoys me to death), and keep a log file of whenever someone re-logs during a spar.

First offense should be a warning, second offense should be their rate is dropped by a certain amount and their bounty is reset, and third offense their rate/bounty is reset and they are given a jail/ban warning. If they continue to keep re-logging they should be jailed/banned (I dont know if Zone has a jail nowadays) for a short period of time.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 PM
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Solution: Make exiting spars easier (i.e whenever theres NOT a spar going on let the ****ing player leave already, that thing annoys me to death), and keep a log file of whenever someone re-logs during a spar.

First offense should be a warning, second offense should be their rate is dropped by a certain amount and their bounty is reset, and third offense their rate/bounty is reset and they are given a jail/ban warning. If they continue to keep re-logging they should be jailed/banned (I dont know if Zone has a jail nowadays) for a short period of time.

I love that idea. It's so true that the exiting spar system is annoying. I love the way Zodiac made their spar rooms.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I love the way UN made their spar room, since every server became "inspired" by it.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:38 AM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
(I dont know if Zone has a jail nowadays)
They lock people. (You can still walk around in dropship but can't enter any battle fields, events or spar).
Old 07-26-2008, 08:18 AM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Zone has a ''jail'', Kds sent me there today. Cough you can unstick me cough.Mhm. Anyhow, if they relog just get the video of it. I got a video of poizike relogging.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:55 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Zone has a ''jail'', Kds sent me there today. Cough you can unstick me cough.Mhm. Anyhow, if they relog just get the video of it. I got a video of poizike relogging.
Ya but you can also talk and do unstick me. x.x
Old 07-26-2008, 09:34 PM
hi
seanthien is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthien View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
Ya but you can also talk and do unstick me. x.x
Ahem.