Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Simple Life

An idea I've been toying around with in my head, Simple Life would be an environment in which the player seeks to buy and expand a household, and acquisition furniture in which to fill it. There would be furniture sets to assemble to give the player something to strive for. The furniture sets would yield some obvious benefit to the player to reward them for their efforts.

Simple jobs would also work their way into the server, such as finding ancient Graalian artifacts. These items such as weapons, armor, jewels, and Graals would be excellent displays of their power inside of their homes. However, I'm sure they could sell them for a decent price too!

Fishing would be another job profitable to players, as players would want to have an entire aquarium in their house first!

While the main interaction/focus of the game would be players dealing with players, there will be special NPCs surfacing around the world for special events with mystical furniture to be awarded if certain tasks are completed.

This thread is intended to detect developer interest in such a project. I would be working on the programming side of things, although another talented programmer would be a wonderful addition to such a project, especially since I will have little time to spend on such a project in the fall when I am attending college and working.

However, the most valuable assets to the team will be graphic designers. It will take many talented graphic artists to create new images to make new furniture with.

If anyone is interested in working on such a project, I'd be much obliged if they could note their interest with a post in this thread.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Well if you'd ever get on AIM...

Send me a forum PM or my AIM is "wow theres matt," want to talk to you about something :O
Old 08-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
Sounds like Animal Crossing

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
It's a good idea, i too have been thinking about something along those lines for a while now too. Best of luck to you

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:17 AM
Oinkness will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Oinkness Send a message via MSN to Oinkness Send a message via Yahoo to Oinkness
I think it sounds like a great idea, but to keep interest, you would really need great new graphics and tileset and also the ability to build a striving community. I imagine you going as far as to create environmental creatures and areas full of life that would make people feel welcome...

I think that's one of the things that really keeps playerworlds down... they're too stale and you need to feel like the world is alive. GK is good with the boats going around all the time and other scheduled events...

This is a pretty good idea as long as it isn't too close to The Sims.

Tags
gothic vampire times