Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 03:25 PM
TheRuckus can only hope to improve
Server Idea.

Graal’s Ressurection
General Description:

My goal at this point is rather simple. I am hoping to create really, what Graal has been missing. A server which more or less, solely revolves around team work . The server will a Classic styled server, mixed with an RPG essence. Mainly everything will follow a story’s progression one way or another. In other words, in order to progress forward and see new things in the story, you must first complete the majority of sub quests, and of course, the main quest for the chapter. With that being said, you’re probably wondering what I mean by “Chapter”. Well, I am planning to make the server like one giant story book. You will complete sections, and of course chapters. So, you come on, start with let’s say: “Chapter 1: The beginning of time.”, you must of course complete the basis of this chapter in order to progress to.. : “Chapter 2: Understanding our losses.”. With this, I can of course install new content or updates in “sections” if might say.
Now, these chapters may vary in difficulty, and depending on that difficulty, you will more than likely have to get a friend or 2 or even a few newly introduced persons whom are currently in the same “section” or chapter, to tag along with you and help you complete these various said tasks. Or maybe even depending on the difficulty, but some of these tasks will REQUIRE that you have multiple or a set ammount of people with you in order to do something. So obviously that is where the team work will come in, it will make things a lot more fun for players, feeling the sense of accomplishing something working as a team, rather than being solo and doing something. So anyways, now that it’s somewhat understood, the direction in which I’m trying to take the server, let us venture more into detail of what shall come from Ages.
Things To Do:

Well, there will of course be many things to do on Ages. You could obviously do the OG thing, sit around, joke, and socialize with others near by. But, of course I can only assume with the vast ammount of things that I have planned, you would not want to do such a thing! So.. let’s see.. where to begin? One would only assume that there will obviously be events for players to participate in, so let’s just clarify this before I get too caught up in rambling about other things to do. YES! There will be events on Ages, but I can gauruntee you they will not be close to any calibur of events that you have seen thus far on Graal. I have completely UNIQUE ideas to create events on Ages, and I’m pretty sure they will be far more enjoyable than most events you have seen as of yet. There will also be events unique to each town, which will be randomly “spawned” for players to join in. So anyways, let’s move on to the more fun things. Combat, ah yes.. Combat! I really want combat to be something very fun and entertaining for players, while keeping it somewhat Graal-ish, but having a twist and making it something different at the same time. So this is what I have come up with.. I really want to take a whack at the “hack-and-slash” style of fighting. Not the normal.. “Run around in random directions, press S, and OMG I HIT U”.. but something far more advanced. I really want fighting with a sword to feel like.. well, fighting with a sword! I plan to make a complex system, where you can not only slash your weapon in 4 directions, but 8!, so if you’re moving diagonally, you can swing diagonally. “OMG REALLY?!” you say? Well yes, May take a bit of time to figure out.. yes, but I think it can be done. Along with this, I want to add a few more things to the combat, one of those things being an actual “dodge”.. where you can flip in any direction you choose with the push of button, I feel this should amp up fighting just a little and give attacking something more of a strategic feel. Another thing will be attacks themselves. I really want to make a combo attack system, where instead of just pushing one button, you can push a chain of buttons to perform different attacks, with different abilities within them.
So, with those things said, let me move on to classes, and weapons, and how these things will affect the combat system. Well I don’t plan on having the normal class system, but instead, you will be given the choice of a weapon type. This weapon type will become your “Class” in short, eg: Swords, Spear, Bow, Mace, etc. So more of a “Major”, rather than a class I suppose. Each will pose it’s own weaknesses and strengths of course. Now with the choice of your weapon type, you will than receive a “Base” for that weapon.. which will be your starting weapon. Now, as you progress through the story.. you will eventually run into things that will be able to be put into your weapon of choice, and with you putting these things into your weapon, your weapon will grow or evolve, along with your skill, enabling you to learn new attacks/skills. Sounds fun eh? But yeah, that’s the basis of the combat at this point. 
Another major aspect of Ages will be pets. Now.. pet’s will act like your best friend on Ages, you will be able to train a pet, help it learn new skills, and build a friendship with your pet. Pets will eventually be able to help you find things you didn’t find earlier in chapters, find hidden items, get to secret places, so on and so forth. There will be all types of pets on Ages, and they each will provide their own set of skills. A dog for instance, will be able to learn how to dig out hidden things, how to point out things that can’t be seen (hints), how to attack other players/npcs. A really good example would be to have some type of rock/boulder pet, while you are in a quest, there could be a switch on the floor.. this switch might be a bit rusty and the weight of your body just isn’t able to push it down. But wait! You have a heavy pet, so you can order your pet to go stand on that switch which will in turn open the door you’ve been trying so hard to get into!
Now, just remember all of these things I am explaining are still in basic form of thought, and not completely put into detail, so things may be added, or changed around in the near future depending on how I pan out the chapters of Ages.
The World of Ages:

The world of Ages, how things will work, and what it will mostly consist of. I don’t plan to make a huge open world like most servers do. I want to have small, intimate towns/forestry/caves/landscaping. So, I will have a bunch of those on separate maps, but all will be connected in one way or another, whether it be directly or indirectly. Each of these places may have a resemblence to one another, while some will host it’s own setting. For instance.. we enter the town of Clumence, it seems to be a rather cheerful place, nice housing, friendly people walking the paths greeting you, children playing kickball. But than you travel through Clumence Forest and over Hivoken Mountains to get to the town of Letronom, and this place is totally different, it is always raining, and very gloomy.. No one seems very friendly anymore, in fact, everyone seems sketchy and mysterious. The housing is torn and old, and the town has a stench of death to it. This is just to expand on how I want to integrate setting into Ages. I plan on making everything as lively as possible,from the biggest of setting changes, to tiny little details, Player – NPC interaction, and more so Player – NPC interaction. I will be making NPC’s as smart as I possibly can, more so than I’ve seen on any other server as this point. They will be able to perform their own random actions, actions based on what you’ve done, how close you are, even depending on what MOOD they are in.
So, this is all I feel I can document in basis at the moment, I will soon be coming up with locations, npcs, and of course, a story to base these things on. But until than, I will be working on some updates for the server, and hopefully be sharing them with everyone soon. Take care! -Sage
Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Will there be guns? I'm hoping for guns.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Did it sound like a good idea to you when you wrote this poorly formatted wall of text and expected others to actually read it?

There are such things as bulleted lists that let you display your idea in a much more compact form, and then you can provide the extra detail.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Did it sound like a good idea to you when you wrote this poorly formatted wall of text and expected others to actually read it?

There are such things as bulleted lists that let you display your idea in a much more compact form, and then you can provide the extra detail.
Sage wrote it for my server. I though maybe anyone wants to work with me to actually make the server.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
You mentioned chapters of varying difficulty. What would happen if you get stuck in a chapter and can't find anyone to help?
And I'm a little confused on how the world and chapters would interact.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P View Post
You mentioned chapters of varying difficulty. What would happen if you get stuck in a chapter and can't find anyone to help?
And I'm a little confused on how the world and chapters would interact.
Well maybe there could be a FAQ hired.
Or a website launched on what to do in every chapter.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
tldr version anyone
Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
tldr version anyone
???
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
...what Graal has been missing.
Stopped reading there.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Stopped reading there.
Yeah i know it's long.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
Yeah i know it's long.
Can you give us the main idea in 3-6 sentences?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Classic server with chapters. Like your reading a book but then playing it on graal.
Different missions will be given. Also there are quests you need more people to complete so you can always ask a friend in a higher chapter or same chapter to help you.
Also there will be buying/selling swords youve obtained but don't need anymore
Old 02-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Era iPhone PR
Astram can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Astram
hmmm

Old 02-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
I still like the idea of that RTS server that Fulgore or somebody posted.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
Classic server with chapters. Like your reading a book but then playing it on graal.
Different missions will be given. Also there are quests you need more people to complete so you can always ask a friend in a higher chapter or same chapter to help you.
Also there will be buying/selling swords youve obtained but don't need anymore
So...WoW's phasing, but the whole game.

Oh and here's my version of the TL;DR

Project: Graal Ressurection

Gameplay
-----Chapters
----------Groups of Quests
----------Complete Group to move to next Chapter
----------Replay with friends.
-----Weapons
----------Upgradable with Consumables
----------Skill Trees
----------8-Directional Attacks.
-----Pets
----------Skills
----------Help with quests
-----NPC
----------Interact with NPCs to get new quest information.
----------Conditions for new information.

Weee!~

Last edited by Shards-Of-Fate; 02-27-2011 at 02:19 AM..