Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Client: PM Ignore

As the PM window is now the ignore button is beside the "close" button. Because of this I have frequently, and entirely unintentionally, ignored users.

I move to propose that the button be removed entirely from the client PM window - if a user needs to be set to ignore one can easily right click them in the list, etc.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As the PM window is now the ignore button is beside the "close" button. Because of this I have frequently, and entirely unintentionally, ignored users.

I move to propose that the button be removed entirely from the client PM window - if a user needs to be set to ignore one can easily right click them in the list, etc.
I like that idea! I do that a lot sometimes
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Hmmm but some people just read pms by clicking on the icon on the mini map or on the GUI (zodiac), then you would need to search for the user in the playerlist first
Old 03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Or you can be more careful when closing PM boxes? I've never actually had this problem.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:14 PM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Move the Ignore option away from the Buddy option...its just too close and easy to accidentally hit instead of buddy. :3
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:18 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Or you can be more careful when closing PM boxes?
Agreed!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Agreed!
No need for yellow lights, just drive more carefully
Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No need for yellow lights, just drive more carefully
Being careful to click close instead of ignore is different than traffic lights dude. D:

Last edited by Crono; 03-16-2007 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Being careful to click close instead of ignore is different than trafic lights dude. D:
not for emo kids D:
Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Oh behave, it's a fair design suggestion. As long as RC's being rescripted, why not rearrange the buttons? AIM and ICQ are careful to isolate the important commands.

While we're about it, maybe more should be moved from F7 to Doubleclicked On The Minimap: open a mass message, the Ignore Mass button's an option, etc. Brainstorming is good for you.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Official Idle/Level Maker
hampy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to hampy Send a message via AIM to hampy Send a message via MSN to hampy Send a message via Yahoo to hampy
Its all about mouse control
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Ok, so people have have reasons to want the Ignore button removed.
And everyone else just tells them to be careful about closing the window, etc., yet they don't present a good reason why not to move the button.
Therefor, move the Ignore button since there is no reason not to.

And don't go on about how you just need to be careful closing the window. Customers are requesting a feature change that wont harm anything and there are no good counter-arguments, so do it.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Ok, so people have have reasons to want the Ignore button removed.
And everyone else just tells them to be careful about closing the window, etc., yet they don't present a good reason why not to move the button.
Therefor, move the Ignore button since there is no reason not to.
The suggestion was to remove the ignore button man. That's a bad idea because if I get a PM thats really retarded I should be able to just ignore it on the spot. Specially for people like me who open all PM's at once and THEN respond.

Quote:
And don't go on about how you just need to be careful closing the window. Customers are requesting a feature change that wont harm anything and there are no good counter-arguments, so do it.
Yeah let's remove it just because a few people have slippy fingers. [/sarcasm]
Old 03-16-2007, 10:18 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Customers are requesting a feature change that wont harm anything and there are no good counter-arguments, so do it.
Sure 2 customers requesting a change so they have to do it...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Sure 2 customers requesting a change so they have to do it...
Also the fact that the suggestion itself isn't even that big of a deal or such a great idea. The ignore button is there for quick ignoring. Thats like me saying...

"LOL THE CLOSE BUTON IS SO CLOS 2 IGNORE, WEN I TRY 2 IGNOR SOME1 I ACIDENTLY CLOSE THE WINDOW BY CLIKING CLOSe...PLZ REMOV CLOS BUTTON N MAEK PLAYERZ JUS CLICK THE 'X'"