Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 12:54 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What do you think would happen if...

What do you think would happen if. . .
Graal "backtracked" to v4 for the next update? V6? (NOT A ROLLBACK, JUST A VOLUME DEGRADE)

What I am saying is that, maybe unixmad should stop being so upsessed with $money$ and just start caring about our online gaming experience.
Get rid of the whole community name garbage and just let people be free so they can go by the name they want to.
As for prices, like I said before, it's overpriced. It has been said once, it has been said a million times and you will hear it for the next finite amount of times.
Go back to 2004, 20$ for a classic subscription, and an additional 10$ for 8months of gold, was it? VIP was an extra 20$, which was great!
You guys were actually making more money than, you had 50+ people on both Zone and Graal Kingdoms who constantly renewed there Gold subscription, now you only have 1-20zone players and 1-20graal kingdom players who renew there subscription, some still deciding whether if they should quit or not.

Look at the trial system too, how are "newcomers" supposed to get a good taste of the game if they can't experience nothing but scroll through heads 1 through 10.

This is more of an "give your opinion" thread, just do not flame against me.
Thank you!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
v4 was just as bad, if I recall correctly. However, Graal versions and subscription services are two completely different things.

I think Graal was at its peak when it focused primarily on... Graal, and developing good, whole, 'first-party' servers that could represent Graal in a good light. However, they started focusing on spreading their 'services' to Graal 3D, Graal Games, Graal iPhone and other many time-consuming projects and what time they did have left on Graal was far and few between, and spent on development.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Don't you also recall the player count also being 1200+ during V4? Now it's struggling to keep above 400, discluding the iPhone app. Now that the price has increased; dramatically, from 20$ lifetime to 40$ every few months.
Prices are not the only thing, it's also because Graal does get boring after a while, same for every other game. Nothing can be done about that, but a lot can be restored if unixmad concentrated on our gaming experience other than trying to live like a King.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
v4 was just as bad, if I recall correctly.
Nah, Graal v4 itself was alright.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
These kinds of threads don't help anything, they're basically a mix of flamebait & attnplz.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:22 AM
It's a "your opinion thread", not trying to change anything, sir.

But anyways, Stefan just needs to smarten up. He made the Graal Scripting engine didn't he?
Well than, he should have complete control over Graal. Just let unixmad run the support center, and let Graal be it's own gaming engine other than being supported by Quattro Play.
This game can easily withdraw a lot of attention to the fact that people can manage there own server etc, but is it really worth it now? Are people actually going to play it, I mean everyone is too upssesed with Era and Zodiac.
Wait, why is Era even here? Last time I checked Graal is a MMORPG. Era, Zone take out the MMO and RPG out of MMORPG, to become the type of game it really is.

Graal could be much bigger now than it was in 2003, all the money they would have made could have been used for ads, and job positions; for some professional developers. Do Global Developers even get paid, I dough it. They won't be working to there full potential.

Well, I guess we all have dreams, right?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
It's a "your opinion thread", not trying to change anything, sir.
Well, I guess that's MY opinion then.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:59 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Don't you also recall the player count also being 1200+ during V4? Now it's struggling to keep above 400, discluding the iPhone app. Now that the price has increased; dramatically, from 20$ lifetime to 40$ every few months.
Prices are not the only thing, it's also because Graal does get boring after a while, same for every other game. Nothing can be done about that, but a lot can be restored if unixmad concentrated on our gaming experience other than trying to live like a King.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This chart also states my opinion.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'm actually starting to like the community names system because it allows 'accounts' to be renamed much easier through having their community name changed, and I know people who have had it done. If you wanted your account renamed previously, the data on every single server would have had to have been changed accordingly (even if it was just an account case change) but now it doesn't and that is a great advantage in my opinion. The community names act in the same way as our accounts did, but the data is being saved on your Graal# key rather than your account name. The only thing wrong with the community name system is that it is being advertised as a "community name" which is unnecessary wording for an account name, and a lot of features have still not been modified to cater for the system itself. If the mask was displayed over the Graal# 'real' account, there would be no negative difference over what we had before, only positives.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I'm actually starting to like the community names system because it allows 'accounts' to be renamed much easier through having their community name changed, and I know people who have had it done. If you wanted your account renamed previously, the data on every single server would have had to have been changed accordingly (even if it was just an account case change) but now it doesn't and that is a great advantage in my opinion. The community names act in the same way as our accounts did, but the data is being saved on your Graal# key rather than your account name. The only thing wrong with the community name system is that it is being advertised as a "community name" which is unnecessary wording for an account name, and a lot of features have still not been modified to cater for the system itself. If the mask was displayed over the Graal# 'real' account, there would be no negative difference over what we had before, only positives.
Totally agree with you here.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
I am not upgrading because I literally have $3.65 in my account.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:34 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
if this happened i would buy gold, and malinko & madrox would come back from the dead
Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
What I am saying is that, maybe unixmad should stop being so upsessed with $money$ and just start caring about our online gaming experience.
yea...good luck with that.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if there was better support for server staff for this system. It seems like it was kind of just thrown at us without considering the problems it would cause on RC and in scripts. It does have its plus sides, but unfortunately right now I think the cons outweigh the pros.