Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Event Shop

I walked into the coin shop with my good friend Naithaniel. We both realized that the selection was pretty lame, or as my British friend worded it, 'wank'.

My first thought is that we need new items to choose from and then it hit me! Viola! We should have the Event Shop change every week.

That would be tubular.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
sengir is an unknown quantity at this point
that would be cool....but wouldn't that mess with the economy? Depending on the items.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I just wish it had a bigger selection, higher up prizes.. I remember alone i collected 200+, many others have trumped that. And of course, Gale isn't worth 75 EC anymore since you have to EA it for 2kd.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengir View Post
that would be cool....but wouldn't that mess with the economy? Depending on the items.
How would making more items available ruin the economy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
I just wish it had a bigger selection, higher up prizes.. I remember alone i collected 200+, many others have trumped that. And of course, Gale isn't worth 75 EC anymore since you have to EA it for 2kd.
Gale is awesome, but it should not be the only item worth crafting with Event Coins.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
I think can all agree that the Event Shop has been desperately needing an update for ages. As the shop stand no one uses it because there is enough of the shop items in active circulation that are cheaper to buy from a player than to use ECs in the shop.

Updating the shop could bring a playercount back, more people will be attending events to earn coins to spend on the shop.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You can't just use the vague blanket term "what about the economy" for everything.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
the economy?
Whatchu' talkin' 'bout Willis?
Old 08-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I support this along with what Kale said, a bigger selection that alternates frequently (perhaps a week is too soon, a month or 3 months might be better so players can win the possible large amount of event coins it will take to buy item x). I honestly don't see why shops or methods of crafting aren't used to make the majority of items possible to obtain rather than the majority being impossible to obtain without trading. Honestly the customary GK response, to the question "Where do you get that?", of "Trading with other players" applies to like 90% of items people want.

As it stands, events only offer prizes of tradeable currency in gems or event coins. EC's are rather hoarded than spent on the few lackluster items that have been there for years without change.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Duergar
ViperZakuto is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a great idea. Would keep a better circulation of the rarer items.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Memitim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Memitim
It is a interesting idea;however, the problem down the road would be pumping EC into the economy to have players take an advantage of crafting those items before they switch out. For seasoned players, it would not be a huge deal simply because they have a few hundred EC laying around (little dramatic, but point still made) as to the little man who may only have 1 or 2 laying around. Maybe a quarterly update and a increase in selection to chose from.

With a quarterly update, you could also incorporate some seasonal items to match the season that would fall within that quarter.

Maybe something like:
3 Helmets
2 Bracers
2 Shields
3 Amulets
2 Rings
4 Weapons
2 Misc Items (boots,gloves,masks, toys)
Old 04-17-2011, 12:16 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
How would making more items available ruin the economy?

Gale is awesome, but it should not be the only item worth crafting with Event Coins.
Because the people that spent 100 bucks in real life for a shield on a game, can't stand to have someone else with that same shield. lolol

Oh, and good idea though overall pat, only instead of changing like once a week, maybe like once a month so that there isn't TOO much stuff comin' in at once? :O

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..
Old 04-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Zormite
Yeah, something would be ****ing nice.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:02 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
Yeah, something would be ****ing nice.
Yeah I've been wondering for years when they're going to do something like that.. Lol. Sucks when there is only 3 of something, considering how booming the market used to be ;o Full tables at all times.

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..
Old 04-18-2011, 05:14 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
An economy takes importation/exportation into consideration.

GK still "exports" in the sense of some player's quitting with their items. But since there is next to 0 importation (new items in place), it brings forth inflation of graal kingdoms item prices.

Meaning the rich become richer as inflation increases, and the poor become poorer.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Da conq
Conqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to beholdConqueror is a splendid one to behold
Sorry for double post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knux View Post
Because the people that spent 100 bucks in real life for a shield on a game, can't stand to have someone else with that same shield. lolol
Which further proves the point that people technically "want" a terrible economy because they're upset that their items aren't worth as much as it used to.

People need to understand that GK isn't supposed to be an investment. It's a game. Who cares if one has "worked sooo hard" for their items. It's absolutely pointless without players to play against. "Yes! I am the most successful player on GK!" Out of what? 10 players?

I'm not biased by any means. I myself have high-tiered gear, that I actually "worked for". But if we ever want to have a real successful player count again, we need to "pump in" more items into GK. But NOT in a way where players can item hoard it and leave it in there houses to rot. No, we need renewable resources. Item drops from new monsters, or even blacksmiths with epic weapons that can only be crafted through the rarest of "minerals" (Mined at the mines? Even common noobs could have a chance at building an epic weapon).

Flame on.