Thread: The Forums
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
As far as needing more moderators, I really don't see a reason for it, with the exception of another supermoderator simply because Tig is head of the pwa and is busy, and maybe one for the scripting section.
Most of the forums have moderators.
The graphics forum could really use one. It's been one of the most active forums for years, and there's been several occasions where it could have used moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Believe it or not, good moderators that are active within the section are quite motivating for users.
Yeah, this is actually a pretty important point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
The forums are dead because there are new online social gathering places for Graal players ran by players with more relaxed rules. As far as my moderating, I think I hand out more infractions than Darlene! (but she's less likely to give infractions, she moderates more than I do).

The biggest thing is that Graal is subdivided by server. Server managers want full control over their forums just as they have full control over their servers. These forums do not offer that, and we do not force servers to use the official Graal forums. There are ways to fix this, but it's way out of my or Darlene's hands.
You're both right and wrong. Even though there are many unofficial forums for Graal, a lot of people still see this as the main one, as it rightfully should be. Whenever someone needs help with graphics or scripts, I personally refer them here. Giving active Classic/Hosted playerwords a forum here should be a given, yet I was even denied one when Maloria went Classic. Personally I'd use these forums over maloria.com any day, simply because these are the official forums for Graal.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto