View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 08:59 PM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New fun way for players to Roleplay!!

I'm back by the way

Anyways this is NOT an roleplaying lesson or an idea pending staff. This is a system i have thought of myself. Roleplaying on graal kingdoms can seem it does not make sense at all and players who actually try to Rp well can still muck things up.

I have made up 3 commands which you use in the form of brackets surrounding your action to tell fellow players what type of action it is you are doing.

Bracket 1 (( )) We all use these, they are unchanged. These are free action brackets. Basically actions like sword slashing, kissing and ect can be blocked if another player types an action inside to do so.

Bracket 2 :: :: These brackets are unblockable actions. Say for example you Rp as a powerful wizard. If you freeze somebody or knock them unconcious they must comply and cannot say 'spell fails' as a powerful wizard would not fail. You will remain in manipulation of the rper's action until he stops it, however... you cannot kill off players or repeatedly stop players rping with this!

Bracket 3 { } Instructions! instruct fellow rpers in situations. Say if you are fighting for example and you can only die one way or only vunrable at a certain time, instruct these people when to strike and so on.

Following these simply commands would turn rp into a little mini play. Maybe you'll even have spectators who knows. It would make rp a lot more fun.

I'm not forcing you to adopt these its just it makes it more fun for everyone if you do. Main reason i pointed this little system out was for my upcoming Rp event i'll be hosting sometime.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)