View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
The servers haven't changed in years, which I guess you could say is good and bad. It is good because the servers are still the servers you remember and played on but you feel like it is somewhat different. The difference is the gaming world has changed - at least in my opinion. Consumer tastes changed as technology advanced, computer games very popular in the mid 90's to somewhat mid 2000's (there are some exceptions WoW, minecraft, etc.) Instead of having to resort to a computer which back then seemed like one of the only viable options because you couldn't play with friends that weren't with you on your N64 or what have you - now a days you can play with friends on your xbox, wii, ps3, and even mobile devices.

Graal servers haven't changed a bit which means if the computer was the only option for today's gamers then the same awe you felt back then would still be here. I realize that games like runescape, habbo hotel, and other various online games are still experiencing massive numbers, but that is because they have revamped themselves to fit in with the current generation of gamers, they have found their niche. To be realistic, Graal compared to other games was never really that popular, and that's part of the reason why it was so good because of the community feel.

Graal hasn't adapted to what this generation has been asking for. To be honest I am not even sure what that is. Also the price is a part of the reason why there has been a decline in players but that's out of the players hands. What really needs to happen in my eyes is that all platforms are combined. We combine iphone, android, ipad, pc, and put clients on maybe an app for the xbox or ps3 if possible. We have all the servers such as UN, classic, zone, etc connected and shared between all the platforms. That would maximize players and probably the amount of fun.

Some people would be mad because their once tight knit group of friends are now over crowded by a lot of people. The people who were good sparrers and event players would be replaced by better ones. The once popular staff members would be replaced by more popular staff members etc. However, I think that is vital for fixing classic servers and Graal as a whole.