View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 04:48 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am watching to change the forums and would like your ideas/point of view on the options.

I am also watching at opening the forums to mobile players and not requiring gold subscription, I have a few ideas for it like direct link from the graal client to open an account.

Please keep the discussion clean and avoid sarcasm

Option 1) Small Upgrade to Vbulletin 3.8.8.
+: Will allow to move to a new faster computer, correct some security problems and upgrade to last PHP
+ We can keep the current style of the forum + plugins
+ Less work for me (yes I known it's not an argument)
- Nothing really new

Option 2) Upgrade to Vbulletin 5
+: We run the latest version of Vbulletin and get access to more plugins
-: Will be hard to keep the current skin/style, anyone here can do help?
-: We loose all vbulletin plugins
-: No more integration with our backend (new account registration will be harder).

Option 3) Upgrade to other forum software, like ipboard
+: Look like ipboard for exemple is quite popular and stable
-: We have to learn new forums
-: We loose the skin (anyone here expert on ipboard ?)
-: We loose all vbulletin plugins
im not sure that going through a lot of effort would be worth it for the sake of being able to use more vbulletin plugins, are the any other significant benefits for upgrading to new vbulletin versions?

that said the current css for the forums doesnt look too complicated to adapt to a different html structure, there are a lot less style rules both in-line and included as a file than i thought there would be