View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:53 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
If you could go back to the golden age of classic servers (talking roughly the year 2000), do you think you'd still enjoy it now as much as you did then? I used to love playing Babylon and Unholy Nation, but can't honestly say I'd enjoy playing them now after the initial novelty wore off.
Of course. Look at the gameplay iClassic offers, the core of it is just pking, socializing, and sparring. The problem with this is that it revolves around an active community. Servers like Xone, Enigma, Doomsday, etc had relatively small communities (~40-50 on avg) but they were fun because of the community.

The reason why I can't stand UN is because its community has grown stale. You can partially blame the v5 subscription system for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Times have changed since then and a lot of people really just want structure and to feel rewarded. Players just don't spontaneously decide that a level is theres and kill everyone who tries to go in it anymore not unless there's some kind of worthwhile reward for doing so.
You'd be surprised how little has actually changed in the last 12 years that I've played. If you recorded iClassic gameplay and took it back to 2002 with you, people would probably not be too surprised. As a matter of fact, some parts of iClassic are actually backwards. After G2k1 it was all about economies and trading (a new feature then) but this isn't present on iClassic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoDaMan View Post
I actually agree with you on that one, Doomsday was one of the greatest servers i ever played. Tifa wouldn't let anyone at all Revive it though. It gave everyone a great feeling, miss those days for sure.
Again, very community driven. I say my homeserver was Xone but it was nothing special. The levels were cute, there was an active pk/spar community, and people had their fun. What drove the server was the variety of players.

I guess I can sum up how I feel about "Classic' servers by saying they rely heavily on the community. inb4 Y U NO MENSHUN QUESTS CRANO??

p.s...props to anyone who remembers pking on Mithica right after they removed their p2p status. best pk server in the history of graal, hands down.