View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 PM
100Zero100 is on a distinguished road
Gambet, I hope you excuse me for correcting you, as I don't mean to be a jackass, but there are several things in your script I would like to inform you on for a stronger detection system in the future.

1. Don't use setstring whatever,#v(playerx); then a strequals() later. In artmoney, a person could easily edit out "setstring" (or better yet, strequals()) with a VERY LITTLE impact in the gameplay. Keep in mind, in Artmoney you can edit any command you want to break it. Therefore, if you edit "strequals" or "setstring" they no longer work. However, if you do variables (this.playerx=player; this.lastplayerx=this.playerx; whatever) then just do assignment checks (this.playerx==this.lastplayerx or whatever) it's much harder to get rid of by highly ordinary measures. In artmoney you can't really edit out "=", which is why. Then again, the whole method fails if they edit "timeout" but imagine other NPCs that would break, hackers would have no fun on the server in such a scenario anyway.

2. Your movement check is flawed. This is addressed in a graal hacker's thread, as well. Look:

NPC Code:
strtofloat( #s(this.lastplayerx) ) + 3 <= strtofloat( #s(this.playerx) )

A: I was on 30 30 (my lastplayerx = 30).
B: I hack and move 10 tiles to the left (my playerx = 20)
C: 30 + 3 <= 20? Certainly not.

This means that, even with your system, people can move up and to the left freely as many tiles as they choose. You're checking it poorly, you COULD use absolute values (I say could because there's an even better method).

Also, forgive me, I'm going to put this in shorthand. I'm not typing out strtofloat(#s()) over and over, or even this, but you'll still understand what I'm typing.

NPC Code:
if (abs(lastplayerx-playerx) >=3)

A: I'm on 30 30 (my lastplayerx = 30)
B: I hack 10 tiles left (my playerx = 20)
C: abs(30-20) >= 3 <-- True. The detection system would pick up on it where yours wouldn't.

For the next matter of business, someone can move 2.999999 tiles right and 2.99999999 tiles down simultaneously and not be picked up, diagonally, they moved ABOUT 3*2^.5 tiles. That is CERTAINLY more than 3 tiles man.

However, to fix this we could use an even BETTER check that takes into account negative distances AND diagonal movements. You would also need only one check instead of two with an || in between or using a for ().

NPC Code:

(((strtofloat(#s(this.lastplayerx))-strtofloat(#s(this.playerx)))^2+(strtofloat(#s(thi s.lastplayery))-strtofloat(#s(this.playery)))^2)^.5>=3)

A: I am on the 30 30 (lastplayerx = 30)
B: I move 10 tiles left (playerx = 20)
C: Below-

((30-20)^2+(30-30)^2)^.5
Breaks down to:

((10)^2+(0)^2)^.5
Breaks down to:

(100+0)^.5
Breaks down to

100^.5 -> 10

10 is most certainly greater than or equal to 3, therefore it works perfectly.

To test diagonals, you would do this:

A: I am on the 30 30 (lastplayerx = 30)
B: I move 2.5 tiles left (playerx = 27.5) and 2.5 tiles up (playerx = 27.5)
C: Below-

((30-27.5)^2+(30-27.5)^2)^.5
Breaks down to:

((2.5)^2+(2.5)^2)^.5
Breaks down to:

(6.25+6.25)^.5
Breaks down to

13^.5 -> 3.605.... (neverending)

Is 3.605 greater than or equal to 3? YES. They moves 2.5 tiles up and 2.5 tiles right, and your system wouldn't have detected them, but in reality they moved 3.605 tiles diagonally.

Final point:

This is your code slightly enhanced:

NPC Code:

//#CLIENTSIDE
if (created) {
Assign();
timeout = 0.05;
}
if (playerenters) {
Assign();
}
if (timeout) {
if (((this.lastplayerx-playerx)^2+(this.lastplayery-playery)^2)^.5 >= 3) {
triggeraction 0,0,serverside,WEAPONNAME,triggered;
}
Assign();
timeout = 0.05;
}
function Assign() {
if (((this.lastplayerx-playerx)^2+(this.lastplayery-playery)^2)^.5 != 0) {
this.lastplayerx = playerx;
this.lastplayery = playery;
}
}

You didn't need a this.playerx-- playerx works just fine if you do it in the right sequence. You also should have done the pythagorean theorem, and since you are assigning similar code so much I just made it a function. I hope that helps a little.

Ah and I almost forgot, the conversion to GS2 is very simple.

NPC Code:

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
Assign();
setTimer(0.05);
}
function onPlayerEnters() {
Assign();
}
function onTimeOut() {
if (((this.lastplayerx-player.x)^2+(this.lastplayery-player.y)^2)^.5 >= 3) {
triggeraction(0,0,"serverside",WEAPONNAME,"trigger ed");
}
Assign();
setTimer(0.05);
}
function Assign() {
if (((this.lastplayerx-player.x)^2+(this.lastplayery-player.y)^2)^.5 != 0) {
this.lastplayerx = player.x;
this.lastplayery = player.y;
}
}

I hope that helps anybody.

Last edited by 100Zero100; 07-25-2006 at 11:20 PM..