View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2
The trainer has the player hold down the control key before clicking. You could do a check to see if that key is pressed so it's not as easy to set off.
My system records your current coordinates and your previous coordinates and then goes about comparing them. If you moved more than three tiles from your previous coordinates (since each time you move, you only move +0.5 x/y, so 3 would be a nice number. Of course, you could change the 3 to whatever number you'd like), then it will assume you are using a trainer.

This system would protect against any type of warping trainer, so you don't need to use any mousedown methods for click warpers, since my system will protect against that. I wanted to make a system that would ultimately protect against any type of warping trainer, without the need of creating a bunch of different methods for a mouse warper, then a bunch of different methods for an x/y warper, and so forth. This is more of an all-in-one type of system.

If you restrict the detection based on a keydown method, then that will only protect against the mouse warping trainer, and thus, you would have to add a different system for x/y warping. Really, all you need to do is check to see how many coordinates the player has moved, and if it exceeds your allowed amount, then they would be using a trainer to have moved so far, thus, you could implement auto-jail / auto-ban / auto-dc methods so that they are automatically punished for using such trainers.

Keep in mind, I made this system so that any trainer that is designed to warp you from one spot to another (so as long as the designated spot of warp is inside the current level) would be detected, thus, would protect against any future trainers that do this, and would also protect against any changes in the key-combination that a trainer may have. This is more universal.