View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
Maybe it's not exactly "stupid" to want to continue building Classic, but it certainly is a fool's errand. What are you expecting, even if you do hit the Classic tab? What playerbase are you reaching for?

Zodiac's playerbase doesn't play classic. They play RPG. You're not getting them.
Era's playerbase doesn't play classic. They play modern/shooters. You're not getting them either.

The only playerbase you have any hopes of commanding is UN's, and that's not going to get either server anywhere. By having two classic servers, you're effectively slicing the already tiny classic playerbase in half and splitting it between servers. That leaves you with what? 10? 15 players each? What's the point?

We saw this with Babylon, and that's why we stopped trying. Maybe if Graal had a sudden surge of popularity again, this could actually be worthwhile. But right now it's not. Graal won't attract a single new player until Stefan removes the asinine monthly cost of playing an already dead PC game.
There is very little reason for anybody to have any hope or motivation in continuing classic. Even if someone does want to "take over the helm," I really doubt a cohesive staff team could be put together that would do what Thor's team couldn't. Should just let what's dead, die. It's a shame, and I'd rather have Classic in UN's place any day of the week, but this is how things rolled out.