View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
The only thing 'classic' about this map is the tileset. It sort of looks like you tried to combine classic tiling with post 2K1 tiling. It never works.

My first suggestion would be to clean up the paths. Classic leveling used those tiles to create straight, clean, uniform paths (and the towns were normally that way as well). When done correctly it looks very sharp.

You should probably stick with the predefined houses and make minimal changes to make each house unique.

I assume the cliffing was generated, won't hit on the problems as you can probably find them.

I suggest looking at WanDaMan's portfolio for examples of classic work.