Thread: New Scripted RC
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 12:55 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I guess the best plan would be to make a level editor in javascript to avoid the whole "installing software" problem. As a bonus it would potentially not look like **** on OS X. I can't really bring myself to be excited about the prospect, chances are there's like five people left in total who still Edit Levels and two of them probably hate me and the other three use iphones.
Actually I would agree that a web language would probably be the way to go. I was thinking of using HTML5 and making a gmap based level editor. Imagine the power you could have if you could edit a level, or a gmap and zoom out to see the whole project. Edit it all as if it's 1 level. You could then include tools like dusty's tree generator. And maybe we could collaborate with other developers to add other cool tools like cliff generators and such.It could help make levels a lot faster. And by using web-based tools you could also have multiple users editing it live. You could lock rights to certain levels for certain people. I was thinking of starting a project like this almost half a year to a year ago but just wasn't sure on the idea yet. I was working on understanding the graal and zelda level formats before I actually did anything which now I know more about.

If anyone is interested in a project like that maybe I can start something and allow people to give feedback and help with it maybe?