View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Lance tried to release the server before, it failed. I blamed the lack of roleplaying kingdoms and whatnot.

This time he took a hint and released kingdoms along side of the actual server release, however it was in tag only and not actually in kingdom levels or anything.

The fact is that these kingdoms were completed: Kaytu, Bellasera, and Zormite. Which leaves Malenth as uncomplete. There wasn't even a level made. On release a tileset was being worked on (atleast to my knowledge). I promised that when I got the tileset then the castle and the actual kingdom levels would be completed in less than three days. Two weeks past and no tileset was given to me. I went to the people who were organizing and doing the tasks which were set before them. From Lance I got a "Bug Drae about it", from Drae I got a "I have a ton of other assignments given to me that I have to complete for the server". I approached Lance about this situation a while ago knowing that there wasn't ever going to be a Malenth tileset made - I made the suggestion that I just make the castle and add a dark light source over the entire level, of course this idea was put down by Lance.

So I tried. I was online daily and I interacted with those in my kingdom - that is why Malenth is the largest kingdom (and probably still most active kingdom) to grace the new 'Bomy Lands'. Minoc was online when he was able to be (he lives in Israel after all) and Shawn was on Graal Kingdoms more than 2k1

So if we look at all the work that has been done with Graal 2001 we find this list (I made it from all the knowledge of comparison from the old 2k1 to the new Bomy Lands)
  • New Train Graphics
  • Different Farming Yields
  • Overworld became a gmap
  • Cops and Robbers was finally fixed
  • Zormite, Bellasera, and Kaytu Kingdom levels were made and uploaded
  • Oaster was made (by one of my goons) and installed. A new job system.
  • Antora was redone
  • An outpost system was created - One in Santerrian and one in Harmonia: Four to five houses were added and some had insides.
  • New kingdoms were added with serverside rights
Forgive me if I left something out, but that's the gist of it.