View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
thats my point though, game developers dont need funding for salaries by your logic
Regular game companies could seek public funding in order to cover salary costs.
I'm not sure however that this also applies to private developers who have a stake in the product. For example, if two guys developing an indie game raise $500,000 for the purpose of 'covering their expenses', and then cash in the entire amount as payment for their own work, it seems like foul play.

Back to Graal -
Graal developers tend to work for free. Instead of using funds to cover current expenses (which hardly exist), the funding would only serve as a mean to create new expenses, which do not exist today. The total funding should be derived from the expenses, and not the other way around.
I assume some legal issues may also arise, since the project would probably need to comply to quite a few legislative regulations.

Last edited by Minoc; 04-12-2012 at 07:55 PM..