View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Well we kind of need to know about the two if they're going to exist.

I.e: Systems that save stats and such depending on account name.

If it gets changed they lose their progress.

I still believe it's a choice of, go back to the old account system or keep this one.
Could perhaps trigger a function when the player logs on and they have a new community name, allowing them to adjust scripts accordingly... however with my idea in mind players should hardly ever be able to change their community names, just like they didn't allow them to change their account names. But if something happens and they need to, it will be much easier and won't break the player completely.

I'm sure if they really tried hard, they could implement community names in a way that will make them seem just like old account names did.