View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 06:41 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I don't believe anyone worth their salt is attempting to develop a PC-only server at the moment? The concerns echo'ing around these forums lately are more to do with reversing the slow downward spiral of existing PC servers, which will otherwise likely go extinct.

Higher-ups may well see PC Graal as purely a development platform, but being a development platform goes hand in hand with it also being a game. If you take away the game, you take away the incentive for the majority of developers.
This is what I don't understand- why aren't the PC servers working on moving to the iOS platform? I've seen no development from any classic servers, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that PC Graal should be heavily focused on a development platform with staff access to design worlds. Keep the existing server structure where you can buy hosting and visit the playerworlds in development- however I wouldn't advertise it as a platform you can play on.

If I'm honest- the Development side of the iOS servers aren't heading in a downwards spiral. On a side note- every Development Admin that's been on iEra (3-5 people max) have all originated from the iOS community. Maybe it's the lack of enthusiasm on the PC staff to develop a server that only 15~ people play? Which leads me back to my original statement- why aren't they developing to become an iOS server?