View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I think first impressions need to be improved, both on servers and on Graal. There should be some startup screen "Welcome to Graal! Choose a server below to start playing!" on first login with a blurb and icon for each server. While on that topic, the serverlist and login screen need to be scrapped entirely. It would take a couple of hours at the most to rework them to emulate Graal v3 or 4 (assuming that's the direction to take, which it might not be—Graal has changed a lot since then).

In addition, servers need to have better starting guides. I think I'll probably start one for Era (which currently completely lacks one) soon. I know UN used to have one, and Zodiac has one (which looked good at first impression but I haven't completed).