View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
All of these things can give a player incentive to upgrade while not putting them at a gameplay disadvantage to other players. It's not going to incite a player to pay to play a game when he can't even try it on equal/fair grounds with other players.
I don't disagree with you, but from what I've read I really think an imbalanced system is exactly the sort of system Stefan is looking to set up. And while it might not be ideal, it would be better than what we have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
However Stefan has a point, and something I have touched on before -- it's pointless if the servers are not secure. This sort of program isn't going to work if corrupt staff are just going to manipulate scripts and work around things for their friends and such. That's a big deal, but how that's settled is a different matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
I know you mention concern for security but he wont mention how.. that would require him to be extreamly knowledgable with ALL of the scripts.. which hes a busy man he just phisically cannot keep track of EVERY server.
That's why I made the proposals that I did. It would be extremely easy to both implement the restrictions I suggested and for someone to check to make sure they were still being followed. Something like making it impossible for trials to spend EP would be a lot more difficult (though not impossible, and if that's what it takes we'll do it) to do since UN has tons of different shops/items for sale in the middle of nowhere, most of which all use different scripts.